New cai camaro style

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow, i would be pretty surprised if this isn't the most efficient CAI for the 5.0l. the tube is only a few inches long, no curves or bends, and a pretty massive filter.
Function or not, it does not compliment the engine compartment.
:dw: pretty much the last thing on my mind.

10thcoupe

Banned
extremely hideous looking if u ask me, plus i dnt wana have to remount anything in my engine bay.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
I think it looks great, better than a tube snaking all over the engine bay. I'll take function over form any day, providing it makes more power.

kingnut

Established Member
damn that filter is huge. i dont think i would get that one because it just looks goofy.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I think it's a great idea, just don't know if the ginormous filter needs to be THAT big.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
All I can tell you about this CAI, is that the one they made for 3v's, which looked almost identical, was seriously out performed by JLT and C&L.

AmnDucky

Established Member
I started to buy the intake they made in that style for my 2006 V6. But after getting the shield and heat dam, I started seeing people talk about issues with the MAF. Apparently, having the MAF so close to the TB can cause problems because when the TB slams shut, it sends a shock wave across the MAF disturbing the air flow and messing with the AFR. And since I had and have a manual, I spend a lot of time full - none - full throttle and I didnt feel like dealing with that. I dont know if its true, I am no engineer, but I felt it made sense and I wasnt about to be a guinea pig.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
All I know is camaro guys run it but they have like a web maf sensor w multiple wires. Ours are slot sensor, prob need a custom tune. I know on my 03 I marked the maf location vs tube so set same everytime. I threw this out there for discusion basically, bottom line works on lsx vettes and 4th gen camaros. Not claiming to be a expert but don't dismiss it either, works on lsx.

realaxed83

Established Member
looks crappy and yeah it seems like it would be "functional" but doesn't make any more power then the others? ehhh no thanks

a_gorman

Established Member
All I can tell you about this CAI, is that the one they made for 3v's, which looked almost identical, was seriously out performed by JLT and C&L.

On dyno testing the WMS cai saw 284.24 hp / 301.81 tq, C&L saw 284.64hp / 301.22 tq and the JLT saw 286.46 hp / 302.79 tq as published in 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords

I fail to see how this is seriously out performed. Dyno testing aside when tested ont he track in the October 2006 issue Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords:

"The WMS kit (95mm with SCT tune) gave us our best speed of the day at 98.68 and our lowest e.t. at 13.694 seconds...bettering the 60 foot times seen with the other kits by nearly a tenth of a second'

' The location of the filter was good for the lowest IAT (Intake Air Temperature) of the test, measuring a low 77 degrees, which is cooler than the outside temperature of 82 degrees when the kit was tested. ...because air enters from the grill the result significantly lowered the temperature of incoming air"

...and was ranked #1.

It is definitely a different style CAI and may not be the prettiest one on the market, but give props where props are due. It's nice to see a company think outside the box when it comes to manufacturing something instead of just slapping a sticker on a generic design and calling it their own.

ViciousJay

Established Member
in the long run with added mods, this filter would be the way to go... i wonder how much it is

Users who are viewing this thread