New cai camaro style

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I did not bother to call them but perhaps they could be persuaded to lower the price if we post up results here vs stock setup on a dynojet w sae settings. Some ppl might be interested and btw I have no ties at all to wms, never bought nothing from them, just the design works for lsx ppl.

I always try to have a open mind on things. I remember once upon a time ppl poo poo my idea for a 4" dryer tube duct from a 03/04 do nothing round opening to the air filter box.

Or my idea of having a trunk mounted ice filled heat exchanger, ppl thought I was stupid. Well winner of our manual runoff had exactly that and filled it w ice and used e85. And it worked, he had the pump on a switch and right away w 89 deg temps it condensed water on his intercooler lines. At the time I used a coleman cooler and big transmission cooler and a 5 gpm pump. Only problem was space used couldn't put a suitcase in there. I ended up using nitrous instead. Smaller, still fit big suitcase and did all ice could do and more w a stock 12# eaton.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I did not bother to call them but perhaps they could be persuaded to lower the price if we post up results here vs stock setup on a dynojet w sae settings. Some ppl might be interested and btw I have no ties at all to wms, never bought nothing from them, just the design works for lsx ppl.

I always try to have a open mind on things. I remember once upon a time ppl poo poo my idea for a 4" dryer tube duct from a 03/04 do nothing round opening to the air filter box.

Or my idea of having a trunk mounted ice filled heat exchanger, ppl thought I was stupid. Well winner of our manual runoff had exactly that and filled it w ice and used e85. And it worked, he had the pump on a switch and right away w 89 deg temps it condensed water on his intercooler lines. At the time I used a coleman cooler and big transmission cooler and a 5 gpm pump. Only problem was space used couldn't put a suitcase in there. I ended up using nitrous instead. Smaller, still fit big suitcase and did all ice could do and more w a stock 12# eaton.

your ideas :beer:

as for the filter, when people start building these motors that intake will breath better then the rest, thats a for sure

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i don't think a dyno tells the full story for this CAI setup, especially vs other CAIs because most of the time the hood is open(which i feel would benefit the 'standard' style CAIs vs this one). the WMS CAI should also become much more effective at speed vs a 'standard' CAI.

besides, dyno racing is lame! i don't care if it says i'm down 40HP if i pick up .3 in the quarter!

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Yes I have a carbon fibre jlt that looks very nice. Yet I know camaro guys have this setup and do plenty good, and i'm sure you ppl know of this also. I just wish somebody buy this compare stock vs this sae dynojet. Somebody really like 5.0 or mm&ff need to test out various setups w and w/o a tune dyno and track, well ram air really can't be simulated by avg joe dynojet setup. Who can do say variable 115+mph wind? That is what it is after all.

a_gorman

Established Member
I will be buying this fairly soon and will be doing a before and after comparison on a Mustang Dyno. As soon as I have the results I will most definitely post them.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
I've seen the prototypes and do have some insight as to what it's capable of, from personal knowledge of WMS and the dyno shop they use, I know it performs well. I won't share anything more specific than that at this time because it's not my info to give away.

I don't know how it compares to other 5.0L Mustang kits currently offered as I don't have a 2011 and I haven't been keeping track of what the top performers are getting.

Like everything Western Motorsports turns out, it will be a quality piece and they are a great group of fellows to work with. For those not in the know, they are the same guys that did the Vanquish engine into a 05 body in white.

Here's a couple of shots of the pre-production unit from a car show I grabbed:

DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread