New CAI, now running rich....

idiliogomez

Young One
Established Member
Not sure if im posting this in the right category, but anyway.. here we go... so i bought a bbk CAI for my 2003 cobra. The car is 100% stock besides for an SLP catback. As soon as i put the CAI on, i noticed the exhaust snelling a little rich, but i thought it was just me... the next day, i got a check engine light :nono: i scanned the codes and it came up bank 1 and 2 running rich.. a couple months ago i was having some trouble with my stock MAF, but then it seemed to just get better to the point where it became normal.. ( i know weirdddd). I know for a fact that the car running rich is due to the CAI, but what did i do wrong? should i get a new MAF? did i put the air temp sensor in backwards? i have no clue... i herd someone online say something about a BS sensor? is that a real sensor? lol or is that just a "bullshit" sensor? do i get a tune? cause im thinking about a smaller pulley anyway... maybe MAF and pulley and tune it? idk. HELP ME.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Have you tried cleaning the MAF? Usually a better flowing intake causes it to run lean. At least under boost. The O2's can adjust to a certain point. Make sure everything is tight.

You don't need a MAF until you start pegging your current MAF. Get the pulley and tune and see where you're at.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

idiliogomez

Young One
Established Member
Im hoping its the MAF that u just haveto clean cause im thinking about dynotuning and i wouldnt mind doing it im just so worried about it lol

Users who are viewing this thread