New car fever!!!!!

tvuser

Established Member
So here I sit in Afghanistan bored out of my mind. I start reading all this hoopla about Z06's and I start thinking I want one. I look around and find a few but for the money and no warranty I dont think its gonna happen. So I start looking at some 2011 GT500 w/pp and nav,I'm thinking this car is bad ass. So my question is how are they holding up and is it worth upgrading to a new shelby. Also will my TVS and other stuff bolt up just fine. My car only has 5k miles but the new ones are so sexy. I just dont wanna spend more money on my car and then get a new one.All the cool features on the new one have me starry eyed. Or am I just nuts...lol

Summerwolf

Established Member
Why wouldn't the Z's have a warranty. JMO, if you want a Z you're probably not cross shopping a shelby. The Z is in a whole other realm being a two seater 427, vs a supercharged pony car.

Besides, why would you just want to buy another version of a car you already have?

buck24

Established Member
So here I sit in Afghanistan bored out of my mind. I start reading all this hoopla about Z06's and I start thinking I want one. I look around and find a few but for the money and no warranty I dont think its gonna happen. So I start looking at some 2011 GT500 w/pp and nav,I'm thinking this car is bad ass. So my question is how are they holding up and is it worth upgrading to a new shelby. Also will my TVS and other stuff bolt up just fine. My car only has 5k miles but the new ones are so sexy. I just dont wanna spend more money on my car and then get a new one.All the cool features on the new one have me starry eyed. Or am I just nuts...lol

First off, thanks so much for your service

I was in the same situation as you about 6 months ago, I too was looking at mildly used Z06, ended up getting 2011 SVTPP GT500, the car drives and handles much better than my 07 and I was able to get this one exactly how I wanted. That being said, I have a sickness, and would also like a Z06 sitting next to it as well, you can't have enough cars in my opinion. :). No matter what you end up doing you will be smiling, they are all badass.

Aonebadbone

Established Member
No way would I buy any GM car. and I really wanted a Caddy CTSV. Now I bleed true BLUE
and wouldn't even concider any other car but a Ford

BigDan

Established Member
Your title reminded me of this sketch.

i-got-a-fever-cowbell-christopher-walken-snl-demotivational-poster-1279886936.jpg

You're not nuts, it is a good idea to stop modding now if you ultimately want a new model. You will be money ahead in the long run because most people just end up getting the car they want even 6 months after a supercharger upgrade. Its a disease and you have to feed the beast that lives inside you. Just give him exactly what he wants instead of bolting more stuff on your current ride.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Your title reminded me of this sketch.

You're not nuts, it is a good idea to stop modding now if you ultimately want a new model.

or you can keep goin and sell my all the lightly used parts when u trade her in

wouldn't trade mine for a new one but if you really like the newer style better, go for it.

Im with u, never liked the styling as much of the new cars. Some interior features are nice but ill keep my exterior

Users who are viewing this thread