New Car (Lambo Content)

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
After a month long wait and process, my new toy showed up. Been my dream car for awhile and finally pulled the trigger.

2006 Verde Ithaca Gallardo Coupe (E-Gear). Had to be Verde or I didn't want anything to do with it.

Here's just a few iPhone pictures:

Front end lift is up on these two..
48C15A2D-195F-4CF6-B0CA-DADB32E4D5AE_zpskeh6qbtj.jpg

252C4E40-F4C1-46E5-BEBE-E2B01FBC6668_zpsyn40miy1.jpg

TroyGallardo-2_zpslh2ur00g.jpg

2FF7AFD8-EB3A-43B2-9D18-68831D675014_zpsjroknmop.jpg

CF31E1CE-BE76-4189-BD71-DCB05AAAD132_zps4udpuvy4.jpg

In the spot for the summer (again, don't mind the front end lift)
F0A84972-D93B-4273-A9C0-5CADF5C1E633_zpsbfwlk87e.jpg

And one with HighDensity's Roush:

GampHD_zpsdknpzdzb.jpg

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
**** me I love that color on a Lambo. I'm with you, it's the only color I would want. There use to be two running around Orlando. I use to love seeing one.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Beast. How much did it end up costing you? What's up with the front end lift?

Pre-LP cars such as this one can be had anywhere from the high 70k to 100k range. The front end lift is a must have making it much easier to get in/out of driveways and dealing with speed bumps as not to tear off that ridiculously high cost front splitter. The people who own the 05's with no front end lifts cringe in fear when they see any of those. lol.

OP, a trip to Dallas Performance or UGR planned?

Alien STI

Established Member
Pre-LP cars such as this one can be had anywhere from the high 70k to 100k range. The front end lift is a must have making it much easier to get in/out of driveways and dealing with speed bumps as not to tear off that ridiculously high cost front splitter. The people who own the 05's with no front end lifts cringe in fear when they see any of those. lol.

Nice. And front end lift is definitely needed then!

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member

You will pay well over $100k for a clean 06'+ Verde car. Color alone simply draws a higher premium. And I paid for the existing mods. Not much I have to do to the car. Previous owner tastefully did a lot that I would have done.

No trip planned to UGR yet. NOt sure how long I will have this car. If I fall and love and plan on keeping it for 2+ years, then it could be a very likely scenario to see it go to UGR.

GT915

Established Member
Congrats on your new toy. I'm curious as to how many miles it has and if you bought from an individual or an exotics dealer.

GT915

Established Member
If I were fortunate enough to own one, I'd need medication after getting the first rock chip. Leaving it parked unattended would require that I get therapy.

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
If I were fortunate enough to own one, I'd need medication after getting the first rock chip. Leaving it parked unattended would require that I get therapy.

Do you live near a certified service center?

It's got a full clear ball on the front bumper, hood, quarters, mirrors, and rear bumper.

As for the service center. There's a huge Porsche/Audi dealer that is one of the largest R8 dealers. They will have no issue working on the car, but I will do myself what I can. They're surprisingly easy to work on.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
You will pay well over $100k for a clean 06'+ Verde car. Color alone simply draws a higher premium. And I paid for the existing mods. Not much I have to do to the car. Previous owner tastefully did a lot that I would have done.

No trip planned to UGR yet. NOt sure how long I will have this car. If I fall and love and plan on keeping it for 2+ years, then it could be a very likely scenario to see it go to UGR.

Oh, I agree. Any of the tri-stage paint color cars are going to bring a higher purchase price. I was just generally answering his question what the pre-LP cars go for. We almost bought one a few months back, but decided to wait awhile longer. Wife wants an updated LP car but I'm hoping I can talk her out of it. IMO, the only way to make it worth owning a Gallardo is a twin kit with a built motor/drivetrain from Dallas Performance. The N/A Gallardos are sloooow and desperately need turbos. lol.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

LOL, I hear ya. Driving one you almost need it as well. Driving a Lambo/Ferrari isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes. I drove a friend of mines after he got it and he threw me the keys. I got up on the highway to make a pull and quickly realized how annoying driving one these cars can be. They attract so much attention it kinda makes it hard to have fun with the car. As soon as I got on the highway about to make a pull, people were pulling up next to me and all I could see was glowing cellphones in the darkness. I didn't know if they were taking pics/video or about to call the cops. lol.

Making your way through traffic is annoying too. People pulling up next to you taking pics constantly, if you want to get over lanes to you can turn people may not get out of your way. EVERYONE wants to race you. If you stop for gas, plan on being there for 30 minutes cuz people want to ask if they can sit in your car and ask you how much money you make.

You have to be one of those people who really like attention in order to own a Lambo. I personally learned that I am not. I just love cars and to drive. Most people don't realize, but there is a lot of cars on the road that cost MUCH more than a pre-LP Gallardo that blend into traffic much more, but the stigma of a Lambo drives people crazy for some reason. haha.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
The pics don't do justice. In person this car is simply sick. The sound is amazing.

Thanks for letting me drive this thing, omfg, I'm still smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread