New Centerforce dual friction clutch instalied

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Had the new clutch installed Saturday. The reduced peddle preasure is fantastic.
One thing though is the clutch peddle rattles. I know it's the peddle because when I put my foot under it and lift up or put sideways pressure on it the rattle
Is gone. I have the Steeda quadrant and firewall adjuster on it. Can the peddle
tension be adjusted with the firewall adjuster? Am I draging the clutch with the way it's adjusted now? The clutch starts to grab about a inch off the floor... witch I don't like.
Thanks for any help on this.
JE

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
cant wait to hear your thoughts on the clutch as time goes on. I am installing the same thing tomorrow. I also have the upr quad/adj. Mine releases at the very top though. Adjust the firewall adjuster counterclockwise and it should bring the pedal up. Good luck!

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
I have the centerforce also. I have a steeda quadrant and MM firewall adjuster. The slop at the top of the pedal is due to no return on the quadrant, so yes it is normal, but just annoying. The best solution is to get a spring in between the clutch fork and trans. It is were the cable comes threw the tranny. As far as performance this clutch rocks!!! I was pulling 1.7 60ft times friday night, and that was lauching at 3500-4000rpm drop/slip. I don't think you will be dissapointed!!!!

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Yeah I added washers to the quadrant, but I put a spring inbetween the trans and bell housing

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Using the centerforce steel setup and I like it a lot. The car doesn't bog as much when I launch it at the track. I would really recommend this setup to anyone who is making less than 650rwhp. I have my kenne bell coming here in the near future and we will see how long it will last, and if it doesn't I will be running the one hammer has over on Modularfords.com.

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Originally posted by JaketheSnake
good to know, what flywheel are you all using?

I am using the Cobra R flywheel from Ford Motor Sports. I heard it was a good combination.
Thanks to all, for the fix idea on the clutch rattle, it sure drives me nuts... hope it works. Good God, I love this car.
JE

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
where did everyone get their centerfoce from, and which one (part number) did you get. i know its a DF, but is it a different, specific one for our car? i just bought a fidanza flywheel, is everyone using the stock 10 spline input shaft?

RGrossman

Established Member
I'm in need of a new clutch as well. Is the CenterForce the best choice for a 460 RWHP / 545 RWTQ car? Thats what I currently have. Adding a small shot of juice soon. Also, whats the best TOB to have installed. My stock one is squeeling right now.

I'm thinking CenterForce or Spec Stage 3. I want a light pedal feel.

95mustangGt

Established Member
Originally posted by Jagged Edge
Had the new clutch installed Saturday. The reduced peddle preasure is fantastic.
One thing though is the clutch peddle rattles. I know it's the peddle because when I put my foot under it and lift up or put sideways pressure on it the rattle
Is gone. I have the Steeda quadrant and firewall adjuster on it. Can the peddle
tension be adjusted with the firewall adjuster? Am I draging the clutch with the way it's adjusted now? The clutch starts to grab about a inch off the floor... witch I don't like.
Thanks for any help on this.
JE
if u go underneath the car the cable udjusts where it attaches to the tranny, its really easy i did mine it took all of 5 min. u gotta keep doing it every once and a while.

Black03WPB

Established Member
whats the cheapest you guys have seen? im wanting to put a steel flywheel and a centerforce clutch in my car... the most I'll be making is about 500 rwhp and 500 rwtq. ( port job coming soon )

RGrossman

Established Member
Are these the correct CenterForce part numbers:

Clutch Kit - DF800075
Flywheel (Steel) - 700205
TOB - N1714

All this if 563 through Summit Racing. Are these the correct parts? I dont want a crap flywheel or crap TOB. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread