New Clutch? ACT T1S-F05 vs McLeod RST/RXT

Boss949

Established Member
My stock clutch is fine right now. However, I'm anticipating more power when I add F/I.

That being the case, I'm sure it's only a matter of time for a new clutch, so rather than wait, I'm researching adding the clutch soon.

Looking at Twin Disc. I've seen a lot of info/reviews on McLeod RST or RXT.

I'm also considering the ACT (T1S-F05)?

Feedback on either Clutch or other brands would be appreciated.

DallasBoss

Established Member
I was really hoping someone would be able to compare these clutches. I'm considering a new clutch and trying to figure out if a twin disc is what I want.

AZBOSS

Established Member
RXT works great on the track, engagement is a little abrupt getting started so not sure if you'd want that for the street--but it will hold the power. Worst case you're just slipping it a bit more with more revs as you get going.

Clutch effort will be a LOT lighter than stock with the RXT, so you'll probably want to delete the "helper spring" in the clutch assembly.

Punisher1401

Established Member
Can speak to the other but running the rst currently and love. It holds full bolt on and has room to grow

DallasBoss

Established Member
Those of you with RST/RXT, any chatter or decreased driveability compared to stock. I wish there were more reviews of the ACT twin disc. I remember reading somewhere that some shop was using one and gave it a great review, although I can't remember who it was.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
No decreased driveability with the RST/steel flywheel combo. I had to remove the clutch pedal spring, because the engagement point was right where the spring would rotate, and it would make it hard for me to modulate the clutch when starting from standstill.
I do have a chatter from 1500-200 during low speeds, but it's not that loud -- the side-pipes mostly mask it.

2745 Boss 302

Established Member
I had a Mcleod RXT on my old mustang with the Mcleod Flywheel Steel and i like the way it feeled. When i get rid of my MT82 and go to Tremec T56 Magnum i am going Mcleod RXT and Mcleod Flywheel Steel and it can handle 600-1000hp.

Users who are viewing this thread