new clutch actin funny?

No Mercy

Established Member
Ok. So replaced clutch assembly. Used exxedy 400 clutch and frpp tob and pilot bearing. Double, triple and quadruple checked everything during tear down and install. Had the two most trusted mechanics do the work and myself supervised and we actually spent an embarrassing amount of time on the install (we did get snagged on a bell housing bolt but besides that everything went as smooth as possible)

Well i got 13 miles on it since the install and the tob is making a tiny noise. Not the angry scream like before but def a tiny quiet squeal. Additionally the pedal feels weird...the way i wanna explain it is "sticky" near the floor. The last 1/4 of the pedal is DEFINITELY diff than the rest of it. The engage point feels about 3/4 down. The last 1/4 is just sticky. Harder. I dunno. Neways i was sittin in aparking lot and goin thru gears from a stop and first and reverse feel a Little hard kinda like before when the other tob was fcked.

Why is.new tob squeaking.

Whats up with pedal.

What up with shifting?

Could the tob sound be "break in noise"? Or is somin wrong?
Could pedal need adjusting? Put in first while car was off and "pulled" pedal up to adjust but dodnt seem to make a difference.

I always baby.my.new clutches for 800 miles.

Sorry for spelling errors on my phone and its dying..

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Check the stock nylon plastic adjuster under the dash, check your clutch cable to see if it's frayed. The noise I'm not sure about might be a slight misalignment or a slightly bent input shaft.

How many starter bolts did you get back in? :D

No Mercy

Established Member
Check the stock nylon plastic adjuster under the dash, check your clutch cable to see if it's frayed. The noise I'm not sure about might be a slight misalignment or a slightly bent input shaft.

How many starter bolts did you get back in? :D

Lol. Always leave that third one out when i put em back together. Cant see any fraying in the clutch cable but over at mach1reg people are sayin its prolly the cable is worn or stretched. Ima try replacing it. Ive been trying to adjust it using the stock quadrant near the pedal but the difference is fairly small. The tob is squealing on and off just a bit. I think its just breaking itself in cuz now its either not there or very quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread