New clutch and supporting parts

army_man1014

Established Member
Hey whats up guys, Last year my clutch went out on me and ever since then she's been in my garage. I will be coming home from Afghanstan soon and want to get her back on the road for the few weeks I'm going to be home. My plan is
-Clutch McLeaod RXT
-Flywheel
-Pilot Bearing
-Throwout Bearing
-TOB Sleeve
-Clutch Fork
-Oem clutch cable
-26 spline

Now i found all these parts for aabout 1500 on lethal, My question is, how much do you think its going to cost me for a Tranny shop to do all the work for me. Thanks ahead for all the applies fellas.

P.S Is there anything else you think I should get while the Tranny is dropped?

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
that might seem like a fairly long list of parts to install, but it is all clutch related, and right there in the same area of the car...so in actuality, whatever price they DO quote you should not be THAT much more money, than what they would do a regular clutch swap for. so watch for that and make sure whichever shop you go to doesnt try to fu*k you over.

as far as what would be an ideal cost...that part i really cant answer, b/c my brother in-law (mechanic for a living) is my mechanic, and does all of my work super cheap. i had to pay him $100 to install my clutch.

army_man1014

Established Member
yea im figuring a decent shop charges close to $100 an hour. so figuring at least 5 hours, 3.5 for clutch and the rest of time for the other parts. WEll thanks for the reply bro. I will keep this forum informed on how much all that work cost.

Users who are viewing this thread