New clutch for 08 GT500 in Canada

TheGovernment

Established Member
So, I'm sitting here going through my "to-do" list on my 08. I've just ordered my F10 wheels (10" front, 11" back) and 275-35-20 and 315-35-20 nittos.
I'm planning on doing the 800hp complete kit from VMP but the clutch has in a bind a bit. The break in period on the clutch's I'm looking at ( Mcleod RTX or Spec SS) is how may miles I put on my car through the summer when I have it registered! lol So I think the 800hp kit will wait till it's broken in.

I need a place in Canada that sells either with the complete kits (slave, throwout, billet fly, SS lines etc) but am having a really hard time finding a good place to buy from. I've looked up a few of the dealers in Canada and they never return emails, so I won't buy from them. With the CDN dollar being so crappy, it makes no sense buying from the US at this point, it will end up being quite a bit more money for everything.

I'd honestly be happy with either clutch, my installer buddy has put lots of both kinds in and never an issues on either brand but he can't get good pricing since he's not a dealer of either. They sell Ram stuff usually even he said to go with Mc or Spec.

Anyone got a good place to get everything?

Thanks in Advance!

TheGovernment

Established Member
Ya, they were ones that haven't replied to any emails. I also didn't see if they stocked any clutches but I emailed in the fall 3 times with no answer, I won't be buying anything from them.

BilletProShop

Established Member
Ya, they were ones that haven't replied to any emails. I also didn't see if they stocked any clutches but I emailed in the fall 3 times with no answer, I won't be buying anything from them.

sorry, but i never saw any of your emails, we are a phonecall away 1-855-260-700seven, mind you, we do not stock these and they come directly from the manufacturer and since you know the canadian dollar took a crap, it will reflect on pricing, still we can save you some money with free import fees and no taxes

thanks

Last edited:

tvspower

Established Member
op I just called BPS and got a lot of info from Matt.. His dad was out and will call me back with more info... Imo this will be the best and least cost to us Canadians... I will probably drive up to BPS in the spring to get the work done right.....Knowing that they get direct shipment from manufacture ( eliminlates shipping costs and possible damage plus taxes based on Quebec taxes) gives me feeling free of worry.. I live in Ottawa so 2.5 hrs and spend a night over to see their shop and learn more about my Shelby.....I am running VMP gen1 (apprx 600rwhp/580tq) and have Slyvain massage her for me........Cheers....

tvspower

Established Member
Hey op (The government) lol .. Slyvain returned my call and answered all of my questions and concerns.....I think you should reach out to them (BPS) and find out the savings we can get.... Other than the clutch, will be ordering other parts as well.. Ie 1pc driveshaft ..injectors . etc.... Good luck ....B

TheGovernment

Established Member
Thanks TVSpower. I'm still not 100% decided on which clutch to go with. I may end up giving them a shot still I guess. I've still got a bit of time to decide before the snow melts lol

Users who are viewing this thread