New clutch install w/ vibration??

V3C1AN

Established Member
Not sure if the two issues are related but I recently had a new clutch and throwout bearing installed on my 03 GT and have since noticed what feels like a slight vibration through the car as I go through the gears. Even the engine/exhaust sound slightly different. Best way I can describe it is that it almost sounds and feels as though the engine wasn't getting quite the same air/fuel mixture.

The car did have a Fidanza Alum. flywheel installed about a year or two ago while still maintaining the original clutch. The shop I took the car to said they didn't see any issues with the flywheel and simply cleaned it up a bit before throwing it back on with the new Zoom clutch. Could this be a contributing factor?

I know the vehicle is going to run slightly rougher with an aluminum flywheel but why would I only be feeling & hearsing it now after the new clutch install but not before? :shrug:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
I've never had a vehicle run differnet because of an aluminum flywheel but the one possibility is their is a loose bolt either on the flywheel assembly or one of the 8-9 bolts that go around the bell housing.

Users who are viewing this thread