new clutch problm

mystcobra04

Established Member
hay all, i just installed a new XTR stage 2 clutch and spec fly wheel on my cobra. now i'm have massive clutch chatter, in fact it shake the hole car when daily driving and when backing up i have to feather it or the hole car shake violently. i cleaned the fly wheel and pressure plate and also cleaned my clutch plate too with break cleaner. i had a guy tell me that cleaning the clutch plate will cause the fibers to break down, i done this routine on MACH i all the time when changing it had no problems. i also get a rubber smell from it too, none other like i've smelt from a clutch before. here's the kicker, if i drop the clutch like if i was racing the damm thing hooks up and toast my tires with no slippage.. was told when i purchased a stage 2 it was rated as a good daily driver and a stage 3 was not...I'm putting about 460 rwhp and planning to up it over >500, and the state 2 would be able to handle it. >
wondering maybe i got a stage 3 in mistake? :rollseyes

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
A long time ago I had a spec stage 2 and it chattered like crazy for the first 500 or so miles, it drove me crazy but it eventually went away. How many miles are on yours since install?

Users who are viewing this thread