New Clutch/Tranny problem! Help!! Im lost!

Tequila612

Established Member
Ok.. give you a background... I had a SpecII Clutch installed in my car about 5-6K miles ago, had my stock tranny rebuilt at the same time. Since the install, the car has had NO hard launchs, drag strip passes, or really hard miles... Nothing that should make anything happen...

my clutch was making a werid noise... while driving down the street one day.. about 30 MPH my car dies.. (foot was NOT ont he gas) I press in the clutch, starts back up, I keep going...

get to a stop light and the put it in neutral.. left off the clutch.. car dies... push it in.. crank it back up... let off dies agian.. so I restarted... keep my foot on the clutch and it did NOT die...

get home... park it.. next day go to start it.. starts up... with a werid noise from the trans...

go to do it the next day... NOTHING... the start is free spinning almost...

isn't turning the engine over at all!!

I am lost on what it could be... Can anyone help me? I have talked to a few people who I would trust.. one says it is clutch/pressure plate related, one says timing chain popped, one says something in the trans locked up.

Can ANYONE help me out! Thanks guys!!

Zach

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If the starter free spins and motor doesn't turn over then it's one of two things.

1. Starter bendix won't engage..
2. bad teeth on flywheel.

Yank the starter and have it checked.
As far as the stalling, that is another issue.

Tequila612

Established Member
So you think I have two different issues on my hand? I was thinking the flywheel was going out for some reason (still stock flywheel) and it kept causing the car to stall and it finally took a dump on me being the engine wont turn over now?

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
Unless your flywheel is falling off, it cant make the car stall/die. Which is it? Does it shutoff like turning the ignition off or does it bog down or What?

Tequila612

Established Member
97Stangv6 said:
Unless your flywheel is falling off, it cant make the car stall/die. Which is it? Does it shutoff like turning the ignition off or does it bog down or What?

It's more of a bog down type die... The RPMs fall to their normal idel range.. sit there for a second.. than they slowly drop until the car just dies....

Users who are viewing this thread