New clutch

jdcobra

Established Member
So I’m looking to get a new clutch. I’m about to have full bolt ons and eventually down the road will go forced induction. Looking to go with a single disc setup. Anyone have any suggestions? Car will be a daily driver

sdoo500

Established Member
I really like my Exedy Mach 600. Little heavy/noisy but not bad at all.

No issues when I was over 600hp and still drives fine now that im Back to bolt ons

jdcobra

Established Member
I have a mach 500. It's aight. Little heavy for my liking but does the job.

Really? I had installed one in my 2012 Gt before I traded it in for the superbee (because I’m not that kind of dickhead) and after breaking it in, I enjoyed it! Of course I still have the clutch assist spring in.

Gruca

Established Member
Really?! That’s the first time I’ve heard that. Why don’t you like it?

Shudders often, hard to get in gear occasionally, when starting to drive in 1st, it makes this rubbing noise.

Getting into gear from neutral is a pain. I have to put it in 3rd first and then all the other gears work fine. This is only when stopped though. Once I get it in gear, I can switch gears easily until I left off the clutch and then the process starts over.

I’ve taken it apart a couple times to double check the install and it all looks fine.

jdcobra

Established Member
Shudders often, hard to get in gear occasionally, when starting to drive in 1st, it makes this rubbing noise.

Getting into gear from neutral is a pain. I have to put it in 3rd first and then all the other gears work fine. This is only when stopped though. Once I get it in gear, I can switch gears easily until I left off the clutch and then the process starts over.

I’ve taken it apart a couple times to double check the install and it all looks fine.

Have you checked to see if the pressure plate or flywheel may be slightly warped? Happened to me on my 2004 Cobra

paulyboy928

Established Member
Really? I had installed one in my 2012 Gt before I traded it in for the superbee (because I’m not that kind of dickhead) and after breaking it in, I enjoyed it! Of course I still have the clutch assist spring in.

Yeah. My spring is in too but it's still a little heavy for my liking. Also noticed that after some spirited driving, it'll slip when starting from a stop.

Stang Lover

Established Member
My buddy has an exedy stage 3 on his vmp built car 800ish and tracks it regularly. I have one and it handles 8K shifts like butter. Good DD manners also.

Users who are viewing this thread