New Clutch

blacksnake97

Established Member
I got me a nice BBK L/T and H-Pipe for my car, and I want to go ahead and replace the clutch before I put these on, because its really noisy. I know some of it might be from it being a Centerforce clutch, but there is alot more noise coming from it, then just the throw out bearing. What kind of clutch would you recommend? Not a centerforce though

:banana:

blacksnake97

Established Member
xxxcobra said:
I have a spec an its held up well.

thats what I was thinking about but I heard about them liking to slip.

I was thinking more towards like a King Cobra clutch...but what does everybody else have to say?

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
Got a Spec 1 and wouldn't recommend it, had it about 600miles and I'm probably going to get another clutch soon. If you barely slip it to launch or something, you smell it burning, spec :bash:

xxxcobra

Factory Freak
Established Member
slow98svt said:
Got a Spec 1 and wouldn't recommend it, had it about 600miles and I'm probably going to get another clutch soon. If you barely slip it to launch or something, you smell it burning, spec :bash:

I have close to 40K on mine it does not slip or smell :shrug:

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
xxxcobra said:
I have close to 40K on mine it does not slip or smell :shrug:

You have a Spec 1??? Also I have read about them and it seems like its hit or miss. Some people love them and some people have problems with them. Nothing is really wrong with mine, good for daily driving but shit for the track.

xxxcobra

Factory Freak
Established Member
slow98svt said:
You have a Spec 1??? Also I have read about them and it seems like its hit or miss. Some people love them and some people have problems with them. Nothing is really wrong with mine, good for daily driving but shit for the track.

Yea its a stage 1, when it was new it did chatter a little but after I put some miles on it the chatter went away.
Do you have a firewall adjuster and aftermaket quadrant if not it may help.

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
xxxcobra said:
Yea its a stage 1, when it was new it did chatter a little but after I put some miles on it the chatter went away.
Do you have a firewall adjuster and aftermaket quadrant if not it may help.

Yeah it chattered at 1st too but that's gone now. I have a steeda f/w adj and quadrant. I had a king cobra in my old GT for over 2 years and sold it working perfect and it had many many track passes on it. Thought the Spec 1 would be a little better than the KC. I'm thinking about trying a McLeod next, I want to try the Centerforce DFX but I think they only have the 26spline one out.

montanagrog

Established Member
I have the King Cobra in my 94 and it's working great - 4 years, about 35,000 miles now.

My son has a King Cobra pressure plate with a Mcloed disc, at about 350 hp it's working great also and he does drive it hard.

It's been posted before that the King Cobra has a hard petal but I don't notice much difference between stock and it.

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
My 96 has a king cobra in it and it runs great. Pedal effort is pretty good. Not like a rock, but not like a feather either.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
my king cobra sucked, like my SPEC, you need to give it about 1k miles, you'll get that smell for awhile.

Stang Lover

Established Member
McLeod or how ever you spell it. My bro has the McLeod dual performance clutch and he said he loves it. If you want info about it his name is BagwaZhang.

Users who are viewing this thread