new clutch

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
my damn TOB is chirping again. While I'm in their I mine as well replace the clutch. I have a DFX now but I was thinking of going with a DF for the street. Will this handle 600 RWHP/RWTQ? Do you guys have a better TOB yet? These ford ones are crap!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
phillySVT said:
my damn TOB is chirping again. While I'm in their I mine as well replace the clutch. I have a DFX now but I was thinking of going with a DF for the street. Will this handle 600 RWHP/RWTQ? Do you guys have a better TOB yet? These ford ones are crap!

We have the DF in stock for you and they will handle 600/rwhp. If you beat on the car and take it to the track making lots of passes and 6k dumps then I'll recommend to you to either stick with the DFX or go with the Stage 3+..

The Dual Friction is a great clutch. I still have it on my car and I was making good power before the new whipple setup. I had a KB 2.2L @19lbs, with Cams and a small shot and the clutch held great and still doesn't slip so it will hold..

The Ram Powergrip HD might also be a good choice for you as well as it's known to hold lots of power,take a beating and still work perfect. I've got them in stock as well.

As far as TOB's most of them are all the same. The centerforce one is sold under the same part number as the spec one and my best guess is it's similar to most others out there.

I've had pretty good luck with the centerforce one so I recommend that one the most and it seems to hold up pretty good.

Let me know what you want to do. You can always give us a call as we're here to assist you. Thanks, Jared

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I call you...I'm gonna stick with CF since I all ready have one in, but if this one gives me problems I'm switching.

Mach3

Banned
My votes for the ram, my dfx couldnt hold the eaton and I was skeptical about clutches since cf told me that was supposed to hold 800 plus torque and it didnt. Then Manny recommended the ram powergrip and it has held up to alot of beating's and track 6k+ dumps.

Users who are viewing this thread