New Cobra owner in DFW

waydeg

Established Member
Got directed here from another forum. New to the Terminators but have had dozens of vintage ponies. Got to the point if I'm going to spend $20k-$25k I'd rather ride in cold air, better suspension, MUCH faster and more than a bit intimidating. Here's the new ride I picked up on 6-24. Original owner, bone stock, 26k miles, a new set of tires and extended warranty (Bankston Ford service records)
Dads04Cobra.gif

Looking for SVT or Cobra club to get active again, something for my family to do (including a 14 yo boy who drools every time he walks into the garage) Live in Frisco.
WaydeG

RedfireSVT

Established Member
congrats and welcome. these cars are a blast. now let the modding begin.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase and welcome! I don't know about the Cobra club as I never joined, but there's a meet every Friday night at 190 and Coit behind the McDonald's from about 9:00 pm until people get tired and leave. Lots of Terminators out there, along with a few other cars.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
From the picture, the car looks like Comp Orange, but in your sig it says Torch Red.

Either way Welcome! :beer:

waydeg

Established Member
It's Torch Red - just a mediocre phone camera. I DID consider a Comp Orange Vert because of the rarity but couldn't get past the black on orange Halloween look (or the $38k eBay price tag) I'm not knocking the color if there are Comp OR drivers out there - just my personal opinion.
The Comp OR coupe looks much better. In fact, I already had a triple black 04 vert lined up but after I drove the coupe, I liked the ride and handling much better. Again, just my opinion.
Is it just my imagination or do things get much more complex as mods are added? Seems like some guys who have a laundry list of mods have the most trouble.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Is it just my imagination or do things get much more complex as mods are added? Seems like some guys who have a laundry list of mods have the most trouble.
No trouble if you don't go overboard IMO. These cars respond VERY good to mods.

waydeg

Established Member
Great thread

Great thread/info. Thanks for posting the link.
Reassures me that my plan is the right one for me. As I'll not be taking the car to the track (except for charity runs), the mods I've planned seem tried and true. The only real variable is what your exhaust note sounds like and that's a personal choice. I'm going to stick with my original plan of:
- MGW shifter
- JLT CAI
- Improved exhaust (TBD)
- Pully (once ext warranty expires)
- Dynoed, chipped and tuned (SCT)
That should get me into the mid 400s according to the folks at HPP racing.
Now, where do the Cobra owners meet in DFW?

R1Psycho

Established Member
Over in the West side of ft. worth we have a meet at hooters off of bryant irvin on thursday's. It starts at 8pm and goes until we get bored. About 6-8 terminators show along with a mix of cars. These cars are fun and for about a grand you can gain 50 horses:rockon:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Don't worry about that extended warranty. It is usually through a 3rd party company, and the dealer you take it to could care less that you have a modded car when your warranty isn't directly through ford. As long as they get paid, they don't really care.

I have a pulley/exhaust/tune and haven't (KNOCK ON A GIANT PIECE OF ****ING WOOD) had any troubles with the car since I've owned it (the last 18k miles out of the 30k on it) other than a radiator, and a stock idler pulley going poof and taking out a power steering hose.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Congrats on the car... Plan your mods carefully and don't go overboard and the car will be fine for a long time... Always use good fuel and get a good tune !!!

I am in Frisco too so I may see you around sometime...

Users who are viewing this thread