NEW COBRA OWNER

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I took delivery of a new oxford white Cobra last night. The car has 7 miles on it. I traded my 03 Mach 1 for it. I have always wanted a Cobra and the deal I got was to good to pass up. Is there any thing I need to be aware of for the break- in period ? and any advice would be greatly apprieated.

Fred:beer:

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Welcome

I broke mine in by chasing my buddy in his '01 Viper up Hwy 1 to Laguna Seca and back. 800 miles of heavy foot. Changed the oil when I got back and have been WOT since with no problems.

You are in for a blast. Get your plastic out because as you will learn here...there are at least $4000 of mods you will "have to have". (and thats before you go to a KB, Magnum ported Eaton or Works blower.)

Red BOLT99

Established Member
42RCODE;
Come up to Calsbad on Sat to checkout alot of Fast snakes and see them run, then you'll see what you want to add, to make your own distictive Cobra, You think your hooked know- wait till saturday!

OH I almost forgot #1 Mod
Dyno and Chip form DANNY SWANSON will wake up your stocker!
PEASE!

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
COOL

Thanks guys for the input. I have been a member here for a few months and thats what got me thinking abou a Cobra. I loved my Mach 1 and did some mods to it to make it pretty quick. It 's funny now that I think about it I could not see spending 36,00 for a Cobra when I ordered my Mach a year ago. I got just a smokin deal on the Cobra I could not pass it up. My first mod will be exhaust, any good suggestions ?

Fred:D

CobraRLC

Established Member
I would highly suggest the Borla Stinger or a Custom Magnapak system from XMP. Both come with 4" tips. Let me know if you want the Stinger, I'll direct you to a good source......

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by 42RCODE
I took delivery of a new oxford white Cobra last night. The car has 7 miles on it.

congrats and welcome! :beer: as noted earlier in the thread, since you're already in san diego you should consider coming up to carlsbad to check out a few of the other cobras. quite a few are modded and you'll be able to get firsthand reviews of what does and doesn't work - and check out pmoddy's 118db exhaust. ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Congrats bro :beer:

Well if u want Quiet go with the Stinger :eek: :p

Now if u want Loud go with the Magna-Paks ;-) & Bassani O/R Xpipe :D
Oh Adam now has a buddy as well. 2 OXWhite Cobra's ;-)

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
P MODDY

Thanks bro,
I hated giving up the Mach 1 but like I stated earlier I always wanted a Cobra:) Hey L. B . don't hate me
. I see some of you at C. B.

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by 42RCODE
Thanks bro,
I hated giving up the Mach 1 but like I stated earlier I always wanted a Cobra:) Hey L. B . don't hate me
Never Fred..It's all good :burnout:

I'm not like that...you know, the people who think you are better or worse because of the model Mustang you drive... :smmon: :rolleyes:

I test drove a 03 white Cobra at McCoy Mills a few months back...drove the shit outta it...I think NukeX just bought it :eek:

stang99

Get a cat back exhaust of your choice immediately. I also strongly suggest an adjustable shift quadrant since the stock clutch is actually a nice 11" clutch but the cheap ass Ford plastic doesn't work adjuster will kill the clutch sooner or later. Think about intake because if you are going to get a filter/cover/adapter such as the one that Rick sell at AR, it will waste your money to put a drop in K&N into the car. I once posted a cheap bushing fix for the shifter, but a Pro5.0 or a Steeda Tri-Ax is a good addition. Be prepared for additional tranny noises unless you do a search and get some isolating material to cut down the noise. If you are going to drag race do yourself a favor and get some dedicated rims and drag racing tires right away. Your expensive F1's will thank you. Now we enter into the area of chips and pulleys. This far, you have not actually voided your warranty. If you wish to have additional kicks, I recommend that you contact Danny Swanson and tell him what you want. There are other tuners available if you search this site, and, as long as you go in person and get on a dyno with a welded in broad band sensor, you will get there sooner or later. I do not recommend mail order. Be advised that you will never be able to put your car back to stock once you drive it with a pulley. It may feel very strong right now, but, it will feel broken once you have felt the way a 3.1 or smaller pulley feels on it. You will need an X-pipe if your pulley up. I like the catted Magnaflow X-pipe, but, again there are options. If you have lots of money there is no doubt that 03 Cobra specific headers will help. Throttle bodies do add HP but they are expensive and results vary. The stock mass air should suffice unless you are really going for the big numbers, in which case you are not using the Eaton any more. The stock 3.55's will work fairly well as a good all around gear choice, but, in my opinion 3.90's will work the best. Ford does not make 3.90's but they are available from Pro5.0.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Originally posted by L.B.
I test drove a 03 white Cobra at McCoy Mills a few months back...drove the shit outta it...I think NukeX just bought it :eek:
LOL
icon_lol.gif
!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
42rcode, if you'd like something inexpensive w/ proven hp and great sound, i've got a 2 month old 3" mac catback that may interest you. it makes 6hp peak more than the stinger which makes 40-45hp more than stock (or so we've been told in the terminator forum), so w/ that it'll put you over 400 rwhp easy. ;-)

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
Thank again

all, I really appriciate the feed back. Tetge, I already talk to my friend @ J.B.A. Racing here in SanDiego and we discussed a chip and pulley and of course an exhaust system. When I had my Mach 1 I had JBA 1 5/8" headers with a Steeda x- pipe w/ highflow cats and a Flowmaster catback system. Did anyone lower their Cobra ? again thanks to all of you for your help.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
Lowering.

Baldsnake,
I was thinking for looks even though the Cobra sits lower tha n my Mach 1 did.

Randy I should be able to make it to C.B. .

Fred:D

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Cant help on the looks only part...serious coil overs has the side effect of lowering 2". In any event you will throw your CC off and most of us reccomend Maximum Motor Sports Adj. CC plates for that.
I can say that if I were to start all over again I would do the Swanson chip/tune and UPR Extreme clutch/fireAdj. with the Extreme triple hook first.
If you graduate from the oh too short 1/4 mile up to the 2.5 mi. grand prix tracks and want to do 150mph+with the "big boys" we have several dudes in this region that can guide you there.

Users who are viewing this thread