New COBRA owner...

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
well i picked up my first cobra on sunday...
my first car with irs..i have had a chance to gun it since its been raining in my area..
so far the only think that i have notice is that it needs the spark plug tube seals. which is understandable for the mileage...

99 white cobra
tan leather interior
-mac cold air kit
-bbk longtube hdrs
-bbk x-pipe
-slp catback (which i plan to change to bassani or magnaflow)
-steeda tri-ax shifter
-hr springs all around
-ford racing cluch

to me the car feels sluggish but then again...in the past my first mod is always gears so that's probably why. i would like to do gears on this one but i need to do research on the swap...i have done several sra gear swaps..i wonder if this one is the same..:shrug:

any other mods that you guys recommend??
i dont really se myself go to the track in this car..unless i swap to sra or really upgrade the irs setup..i want more of a streetable sleeper...he he he

i snaped a couple of pics yesterday that the weather was a lil bit better..

the first think i did is take off wing...i might put it back but i will move it back some..
i will change the looks just bit..
driving it home on sunday...driest 20 minutes of driving that day..the rest was bad weather :/
101_0430.jpg

101_0435.jpg

101_0436.jpg

101_0433.jpg

Last edited:

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
K2A....-actually i forgot to mentioned that..it came with a sct xcal 2..which i havent had a time to play with..but according to the guy..it was tunned by the company where he got it from. DALLAS MUSTANGS..i think..maybe its just that stock tune that comes preprogramed...lol or a conservative tune...:/ not sure..i have to make time to mess around with it..
wat would i need to modify with my mods??

DARKCOBRA-yup..so far i like..i actually dig urs..with black wheels..i see that in the future for mine..mainly because my gen1 has that combination..and i think it would look pretty cool to svts with similar scheme...:D

Last edited:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I have always enjoyed the Black and White theme. I say go for it :beer: Can't go wrong with 18x9/10 Black with Polished lipped FR500's. Yours is a bit lower but it was my choice to drop it not so low since I live in POT HOT HEAVEN. Will look even better when that is done. I still have to do a tint job and maybe a hood :rockon::rockon: Have fun with it and enjoy. WHITE COBRAS FTW :burnout::burnout: You need those wheels to make it look better ;-)

WashedandWaxed2.jpg

DSCN1007.jpg

Last edited:

K2AHollywood

Established Member
K2A....-actually i forgot to mentioned that..it came with a sct xcal 2..which i havent had a time to play with..but according to the guy..it was tunned by the company where he got it from. DALLAS MUSTANGS..i think..maybe its just that stock tune that comes preprogramed...lol or a conservative tune...:/ not sure..i have to make time to mess around with it..
wat would i need to modify with my mods??

I wont pretend to be a master tuner but things like fine tuning A/f ratios and fuel trims, advancing timing/spark ect...typically the tunes that come loaded on a programer (called 'canned tunes') are not very good....Its probably responsible for the sluggish feeling. Get yourself a custom dyno tune or an e-mailed one from an experienced tuner - I bet you will be 100% happier

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
K2A- thanks first as soon as i get that leak fixed i will start looking into getn a tune..probably an email tune since for a dyno tune i probably have to travel just to find a good tuner..
SOCCERMAN- thats clean..i def wanna change the rear bumper to the 01 or 03-04 which ever i can find first..

Users who are viewing this thread