New Cobra with SRA: ABS and Trac Control light on

sanfordb1

SVTpopo
Established Member
I am going down this weekend to look at an 03 tenth ann. cobra with an SRA. Dealership says that the abs and trac light are on because of the sra swap. Any ideas why this is and can it be fixed? I haved searched the forum but haven't found anything so far except ABS sensors(What kind should I get if this fix the ABS light?). Also will I be able to bolt in a regular cat back exhaust like borla without issues?

MVD

Established Member
My guess is they just unplugged the old sensors and never put any ABS components back on (exciter rings or ABS sensors). So take a look and see. Either way it is no big deal. Hell maybe they deleted the ABS block all together.

Yes any 99-04 catback from a Mach 1/GT/Bullitt will work.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
x2

the previous owner may have just installed the sra without the abs .. the ring on the axle along with the wires are needed ... if the sra has the ring then all you will need are the wires and the light will go away... its not getting the reading that it should be so it throws the light ... the traction control light may be "on" bc the t/c may have been disabled in a previous tune ... so no traction control is on permanatly... but it throws the light on .. id ask if it has a tune and that may answer your ? ... in this case your t/c is always turned off (which is what most ppl do in their tunes anyway) ... but you can look into the abs and find your answer pretty quick as to why the light is on

a regular 99-04 sra borla exhaust kit will fit your needs

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Depends On how the rear was put together. If it's c clip eliminated with weld on 9" ends you can't put exciter rings on so you won't have abs period.

The downside, your back to old school. If the abs light is on then you have no abs. You jam the pedal to the floor and the wheels will lock up. Aside from that there is no other down side.

Users who are viewing this thread