New college kid w/ a 1990 Mustang notchback:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Hey,
I'm new. I am a member of corral.net (fast90lxstang) and stangnet.com (cammed90notch). I am thinking about saling my notchback and saving up to buy a Cobra (96-98 model). I've always liked the Cobras every since I first saw and heard one a few years ago. I found a 96 Mystic Cobra at carmax.com but they have sold that one all ready. After I get my new rims/tires/hood/bumper on and painted (hood and bumper), I'll be putting up the "For Sale" sign probably so I can get me a Cobra. Any suggestions? :)

in Christ,
Jonathan ([email protected]):burnout:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Welcome NeedaCobra...I say keep the notch,save up your dough,then buy a snake....That way,you'll have one for cruisin and one for bruisin...lol....

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Well, I don't want to be in a lot of debt. I have spent around $12,000 the last six months on college, my laptop, and my car ($5,400 for car, $1,400 new built AOD tranny, $1,100 on wheels/tires, $300 some engine work, etc. so I've spent about $8,100 on my car, that is the car + mods,,,I spent around $1,800 on my laptop, and $2,500 on college, grrr. I know am able to pay for college now so I don't have to worry about college debt). What do you think I need to do? My notchback is a nice car, so I don't want it to be a beater (I've got several compliments on the paint, engine bay detail, sound, etc. from mechanics, people at redlights, etc.) I also have spent a lot of time working on the interior (had the whole interior dyed black, and it has new black carpet, etc.). So, what I am thinking about doing is sale my car, put that money towards paying off my line of credit at the bank, get that line of c)redit payed off or either low, and then go and try to finance a 96-98 Cobra (I would like a black one). Anyone have any advice for this poor ol' 19 year old? I currently work two jobs (Chick-fila and landscaping, so I make a fair amount of money, but I also work a lot). Thanks for any help :)

03Redfire Cobra

Toss my salad?
Established Member
waive.gif
hi

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
welcome, i had the same feeling a couple years ago, I bought my 98 when I was 20, i had a 69 before it but I am in the Navy and I dont make much money but I was able to finance because good credit, I put 1500 down for 19,000 and my payments are 449 a month, the reason I am saying is because you could keep the notch, the 96-98 are probably going for 10 to 13 thousand in decent condition, with a 1000 down payment, monthlys shouldnt be to much. I bought a 92 lx all i do on it is pay insurance which isnt that much for liability, i now have 3 mustangs, i just started to drive the lx daily and keep the cobra for the weekends, the 69 is being worked on so it sits, well thats my story if it helps

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
thanks :) My situation is a little bit different, so I think saling my current Mustang would be the best thing to do. :) Thanks for the info. though

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Willkommen! Dábro pazhálovatch'! Karibu! Bienvenido! Swaagatam! Merhaba! Ni hao! Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread