New cruise control switch.

DA BOLT

Established Member
Just wanted to say that I did not get a notice from Ford that the new cc switch was ready, but because I have the trip to the Lightning Gathering in Orlando coming up I called my Ford dealer just to check on it and they said they have them. I drove by and they took five minutes to install it :thumbsup: it sure will come in handy on that 3 1/2 hr ride. :coolman:

Bert.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
I stopped in to get a part and asked one of the techs about it. He said "you're lucky, we just got the parts in and haven't sent out the letters......you won't have to wait" and he did it for me in about 5 mins like you said. It's pretty much an inline fuse isn't it?

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
MachineAddict said:
I stopped in to get a part and asked one of the techs about it. He said "you're lucky, we just got the parts in and haven't sent out the letters......you won't have to wait" and he did it for me in about 5 mins like you said. It's pretty much an inline fuse isn't it?
i didnt get a letter either but my friend works at a big for dealership so he took it up there for me.

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
here's some pics (did my own swap for my L and HD-F150 several montsh ago...did not want to risk anything by waiting for the dealers to drag their feet) Yup, I paid $30 out of my own pocket but this is cheap for peace of mind
OLD UNIT
attachment.php

NEW UNIT
attachment.php

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
another angle of the NEW unit installed:
attachment.php

PIC of the OLD unit removed (the orange rubber diaphragm is the offending piece: prone to getting brittle/cracking, allowing brake fluid to come in contact with the "LIVE/ALWAYS ON" CC switch)
attachment.php

Last edited:

203Cree

Established Member
I never even worried about it. Just had them do it last week when they did the oil and fuel filters.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
kromdom said:
here's some pics (did my own swap for my L and HD-F150 several montsh ago...did not want to risk anything by waiting for the dealers to drag their feet) Yup, I paid $30 out of my own pocket but this is cheap for peace of mind
OLD UNIT]

Does your VIN show that the recall has been performed? In CT you can't sell a vehicle with outstanding recalls.

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
i dragged my feet long enough on the recall. when i got to the dealership to get the recall taken care of, they already had the new "extender" piece in, so it only took them like 5 minutes to take care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread