New DD: F250 Super Duty - Walk around video & cold start

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
Picked up a 2007 F250 with 51k miles. Truck already has the ARP head studs and EGR delete. 20" King Ranch wheels with 35" tires. Since this video I have added a 5" MBRP turbo back exhaust and the SCT Livewire tuner/monitor. Planning a 8" lift this spring :banana:

Quick walk aorund video and a start after the truck sat all night. Right about 20 dgerees when I took this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ4SB7QMohY

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
That's a sweet truck man, I'd totally rock that. But what do I know I drive Beetle now. I wish you had the camera by the motor for the start up..love hearing a cold start diesel turn over.

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
That's a sweet truck man, I'd totally rock that. But what do I know I drive Beetle now. I wish you had the camera by the motor for the start up..love hearing a cold start diesel turn over.

Oh man just saw your thread, you aren't kidding! :uh oh: hahaha!

I'll make another video of the new exhaust once I get the new tune. :beer:

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
What a badass truck . I miss mine, I used to start it up sometimes and just listen to it idle for about 30 minutes .(Love sound the of the 6.0 injectors and 03/04 VGT jet sound!) I Had to sell it though once diesel started going up and up.:(

With 51k miles it's still brand new !!

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Man I just bought a 06 F250 couple of months ago, looks like yours but the lariat style wheels. Wish mine had head studs and that low of miles!!! EGR delete for now. How do you like the SCT livewire? Thinking about getting one from Innovative Diesel and getting a custom tune from them! Glad to see a proud 6.0 owner!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
Thanks all! :beer:

Im not a huge fan of the cab lights, but that's a nice truck

I'm on the fence about them too. Think I might tint them so they blend in more.

What a badass truck . I miss mine, I used to start it up sometimes and just listen to it idle for about 30 minutes .(Love sound the of the 6.0 injectors and 03/04 VGT jet sound!) I Had to sell it though once diesel started going up and up.:(

With 51k miles it's still brand new !!

I know what you mean! Love the sound of these trucks. First time I had it running infront of the house, my wife came out and and asked what the noise was. She was refering to the loud whistle! haha. Sounds like an airplane.

Man I just bought a 06 F250 couple of months ago, looks like yours but the lariat style wheels. Wish mine had head studs and that low of miles!!! EGR delete for now. How do you like the SCT livewire? Thinking about getting one from Innovative Diesel and getting a custom tune from them! Glad to see a proud 6.0 owner!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Livewire TS that plugs into the OBD. I heard that the wireless one sucks because it loses connection a lot. So far I like it. Easy to use, and takes the place of having to run several gauges. Going to have my brother make a different mount for it. He runs a CNC machine shop so going to have him fab up something so I can mount it down below somewhere and out of aluminium. Thinking of having it come up between the steering wheel and center dash.

I heard Innovated makes a good tune, and heard a lot of good things about Vivians Looney tune. Hell, the SCT can tune makes a world of differece. Going to add the coolant filtration system next.

Last edited:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Remember these words.....FICM, FICM, FICM, FIMC, FICM...Got it????....Good!!!!!!

Last edited:

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
Remember these words.....FICM, FICM, FICM, FIMC, FICM...Got it????....Good!!!!!!

Whats the difference between the "bulletproof" fuel injector control module and an OEM part? Just put in 2 new batteries and getting a steady 48v's.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Nice truck. I've got a heavily modded 05' HD edition that I've done a bunch of work to.
It's on this link
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...149/886269-lets-see-your-diesel-trucks-3.html

I won't say I'm an expert but I will tell you that once you do indeed get the ARP studs, EGR delete, aftermarket oil cooler, water pump double checked and possibly new heads (I know, that's a bunch..) they are nearly and I mean nearly bulletproof! You'll be good for 100's of K of miles...!
Great lookin ride ya got there! Congrats to you!

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
Nice truck. I've got a heavily modded 05' HD edition that I've done a bunch of work to.
It's on this link
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...149/886269-lets-see-your-diesel-trucks-3.html

I won't say I'm an expert but I will tell you that once you do indeed get the ARP studs, EGR delete, aftermarket oil cooler, water pump double checked and possibly new heads (I know, that's a bunch..) they are nearly and I mean nearly bulletproof! You'll be good for 100's of K of miles...!
Great lookin ride ya got there! Congrats to you!

Oil cooler worries me being stock. Are you running a fuel regulator like an Airdog II of any kind? How crucial is it switching to a sump style pick up?

coposrv

Established Member
Needs tint! Good find. I'm onto my second 6.0 an they're good engines. Sounds like you got one that has been taken care of. Just stay on top of fluid changes. The mileage looked real low. A lot of idle time?

Users who are viewing this thread