New DD for me and the wife

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Like the title says. The wife and I both decided to get new cars. After driving FWD DD's my whole life (aside from the fox ofcourse) we decided to get these little babies. The wifes is the white one and mine is silver. We got hers first and we both liked them so much that i went and got mine 2 days later. They are 2012 Nissan Xterra's with the 4.0 V6 rated at 261 hp and 281 tq and 5 speed auto. And yes, I know they are dirty, its the middle of winter...

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

010-1.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

flS/R

Established Member
good choices considering your location (in the pics) kinda necessitate vehicles like that. A new mustang would also be fun in that snow as well though :)

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Those are 2012's? Honestly I thought they were like 06's lol

Honestly, I think you should have kept one hidden behind the house or something. This way, you could switch between white / silver every week and make your neighbors freak out.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
We usually get quite a bit of snow in the NW part of the country especially in my area (northern Idaho panhandle) and the cars I've had (05 maxima, 11 mazda 3 hatch) always had a hard time getting around when the snow was really coming down. The few times this year so far that it was snowing hard, the xterras didnt even flinch. Lots of ground clearance, on the fly 4wd, traction control are nice too. I dont think I'll ever go back to a FWD econo box.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
My cousin had one for a short time.

I've heard those absolutely SUCK on gas mileage....

You heard right my friend, they dont get good gas mileage at all. I only get about 225 to 250 miles on a tank. We knew that getting into these though, so it wasnt really a shocker.

I'd rather get bad gas mileage and good winter handleing that good gas mileage and stressfull commutes to work and around town. Good thing gas is cheap right now.

Users who are viewing this thread