New dyno numbers and a ticket

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
Hey everyone, just thought i'd give a quick update on the car.

The cobra made 720rwhp and 738rwtq yesterday at 14psi, 10 degree timing (thats right, only 10 degrees), 11.5-1 a/f ratio, 91 octane gas, 90 degrees out, and did all this on a mustang dyno and on its 8th straight dyno pull (heatsoaked). we even hit 750rwhp on one of the pulls that went slightly lean in the end of the rpm range with 16 degree timing. i think its possible the car could hit 800rwhp on a dynojet at 14 psi and a non heatsoaked pull. All i have to say is that this car pulls like a damn frieght train! The tires spin hard powershifting through every great but the griggs suspension keeps the car PERFECTLY straight everytime. for those that doubted griggs, take a ride with me in the car and i'll make you a believer. The clutch is also broken in now and is holding everything i've thrown at it... we'll see if it can still hold when we up the boost in the next couple weeks.

i'll post some graphs and some more info by the end of the week, i've just got alot to do right now.

big thanks to heath, his brother brock, and chuck at modular madness west. watching and working together with these guys while they tune is really something. i couldn't have done it without these guys!!!

by the way, did i mention i got an exhibition of speed ticket yesterday afternoon racing heath on state street... yeah, it sucked :unsure:

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
i'm a technician... i don't feel bad about since the car would only fail the visual... i tested it and it actually passed the sniffer easily.

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
NIELSTTCOBRA said:
by the way, did i mention i got an exhibition of speed ticket yesterday afternoon racing heath on state street... yeah, it sucked :unsure:

Damn man, you're lucky you didn't get your car taken. Exhibition of speed = drag racing. I got one when I was 17 and got it dropped to speeding (I actually wasn't racing). The Exhibition of speed ticket is a misdameanor and carries two points and no option to go to traffic school. You're looking at a $900+ fine when everything is said and done.

Nice numbers though, damn. How does the car launch compared to stock? How long before the turbos really kick in?

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
its a thp kit as postban explained. thanks for the compliments guys. i'll keep people on here posted of the big boost numbers comming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread