New Dyno Numbers - Tuned by Jon Lund

wojowojo16

Established Member
Took the car up to Evolution Performance for a tuning session with Jon Lund. Car had some drivability issues that I didn't notice until recently and all of them were associated with the tune.

Long story short, I made 455HP and 465TQ at 6000RPMS at 12.5PSI 14* timing on evolutions MUSTANG DYNO. He said he could get ~ 500HP/TQ at 17*-18* timing but I'm a little short on fuel around 6400 RPMS so we left it alone.

what do you think?????

01 Venom

Established Member
What do you got for fuel mods? I would think you could bump her up in timing a little bit

Really excellent tq #s though very good

wojowojo16

Established Member
Focus pump and Boost a pump, its sufficient for what it is and I could probably bump the timing up but I asked for a concervative tune and thats what I got.

It got kind of goofy at 6400 RPMS, Jon thinks that a wiring upgrade would fix the problem (running a 10 gauge from the battery to the back and using the current 14 gauge to run a relay), he says that the smaller wire in there now is a limiting factor and it really should be upgraded. The boost-a-pump ups voltage to 18 volts, everything gets a little hotter then starts acting up...this only became apparent on the 4th and longest dyno pull at 6500

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
that's awesome! i'm sure you're loving it! glad to hear you got driveability issues taken care of. that's just as important....

Last edited:

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
What are your fuel mod's, i John tuned me also 460RWHP & 430RWTQ, @ 6K, we shut then because I was on a stock motor. at redline hit 12psi and probably put out 480-500RWHP. but blew my stock motor in 60days.

wojowojo16

Established Member
just a focus pump and boost-a-pump, he thinks a wiring upgrade would fix most of the problems but it would be a good idea to just put in dual pumps while everything is torn apart.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Yeah when he tuned me last I have 42LB injectors, 04 Cobra Fuel System.

Next time I have Ford GT Pumps, KB BAP, 60LB Injectors, FPDM Wiring Upgrade

just a focus pump and boost-a-pump, he thinks a wiring upgrade would fix most of the problems but it would be a good idea to just put in dual pumps while everything is torn apart.

01 Venom

Established Member
I would do the wire mods, with a built motor kick the timing up just a bit to give you some more punch and you will be good.

But those are good #s should have fun with that

wojowojo16

Established Member
I'll do the wiring upgrades but I think I'm going to leave the timing alone for a little while, its running good and pulls like crazy so I don't know that I really want to mess with it. I like the fact that its very concervative...

Keep in mind this is a mustang dyno, not a dynojet which tend to be more. Jon said I probably would have put down 500hp on a dynojet.

Users who are viewing this thread