New dyno numbers with the Kb 3.6

slvr10th

Established Member
For those of you who don't know, my car has one of the 3.6 Kenne Bells on a Boss 5.3 stroker, crower stage 4 cams with ported heads, and turbo 400.

We dynoed the car mid summer in 100 degree Texas weather on c16 and made 862 hp on 27lbs.
Dynoed car again last Friday after converting to E85 and adding a trunk mounted ice tank and picked up over 100 hp throughout the curve. Car made 970 hp in 50 to 60 degree weather. I know some of the gain was due to lower ambient temp but believe the E85 help out quite a bit.

Here's link to video on you tube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vVcXtKu6ag

If anybody wants to see graph I 'll need help posting it.

Now just have to figure out how to make it hook on the street.

slvr10th

Established Member
Appreciate it guys, we had a guy sitting in the trunk to keep it from spinning on the dyno, It has a 4k stall so power hits hard.

slvr10th

Established Member
I knew somebody would ask that, our mechanical boost gauge wasn't reading correctly (only showed 20 psi) but going off how much the fuel pressure was ramping up ( 60 base and ended up about 90psi at end of run) I would say closer to 30 pounds.

I want to get some runs on the new setup and then we will go back and get the nitrous dialed in.

D-MANN

Established Member
Wow this cobra is a monster. Any sealing issues yet with the Boss block?crank stud mod done for running that monster 3.6?

stangfreak

Established Member
cars a freakin beast bro. Im assuming you ran the car with ice in the tank? How hard was the install of this blower?

slvr10th

Established Member
cars a freakin beast bro. Im assuming you ran the car with ice in the tank? How hard was the install of this blower?

Yeah each run we packed in 10 to 20 lbs. of ice. The biggest issue was modifying the fuel rails and had to be good with a swivel socket for bolts under blower. We just had to work through a couple small issues like counter boring bolt holes so the bolts would drop in next to the swelled out case.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL I don't see it hooking on the street!

slvr10th

Established Member
LOL I don't see it hooking on the street!

I'm in the process of trying as we speak.

1st try with 315 MT drag radials. 1st and 2nd useless. 3rd gear at 60 mph was 50/50 on whether it would hook or not. I could roll into the power but where's the fun in that.

I just bolted on 28 MT slicks, I'll report back later.

The car is way too loud, right now I have the full stainless works 3 inch with their aggressive mufflers and dumps. I am going to try their standard mufflers and hopefully it will calm the noise down.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It's an auto with a 4K stall and big cams at nearly 1,000RWHP. I'm pretty sure building this car to hook on the street was of little priority. Lol.

I know but if you read above he stated "Now just have to figure out how to make it hook on the street".

Users who are viewing this thread