New Dyno Numbers

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I went for my final tune and put down 480/465. I'm pretty pleased since this was the 5th or 6th run of the tune so it was heat soaked. I have a question and I'll have to post up my plot later. My a/f dips around 4500 and starts to come back up around 6000. It runs pretty flat until then and it dips down to about 10.5 or 11, it's a slow dip not a spike. The tuner wasn't sure what was causing it and it's been on all my dyno runs. Wasn't sure if anyone else had seen this or had any ideas what might be causing it. Thanks

Last edited:

Silver04Snake

Established Member
Thanks, it's probably even a little higher than that because on one of the second runs it was like 489. He doesn't ice down or let it sit because there were too many people waiting behind me for dyno time. I'm pretty happy and we'll see how long this lasts before I want a whipple or kb.

I'm just stumped why the a/f dips, he thought it might be fuel related but it's been like that all four times I've been there.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
What did the following parts cost you total? (Magnaflow catted X, Steggy IV ported blower w/ t/b and plenum, 4 piece idler, SCT 2400 MAF) $$$

I just can't justify +20hp and -7 torque for all those extra parts??? Not trying to be Dick.

PLATIADO

Established Member
Silver04Snake said:
I went for my final tune and put down 480/465. I'm pretty pleased since this was the 5th or 6th run of the tune so it was heat soaked. I have a question and I'll have to post up my plot later. My a/f dips around 4500 and starts to come back up around 6000. It runs pretty flat until then and it dips down to about 10.5 or 11, it's a slow dip not a spike. The tuner wasn't sure what was causing it and it's been on all my dyno runs. Wasn't sure if anyone else had seen this or had any ideas what might be causing it. Thanks
So no 500hp either, like a lot of people say they get. I got almost same mods as you do except i got a 2.80 upper and made 478-478 and no 500hp for me either.

PLATIADO

Established Member
zinc03svt said:
What did the following parts cost you total? (Magnaflow catted X, Steggy IV ported blower w/ t/b and plenum, 4 piece idler, SCT 2400 MAF) $$$

I just can't justify +20hp and -7 torque for all those extra parts??? Not trying to be Dick.
I know i spent mula for the same things he did, and i will tell you that if i had to do it all over again i would DEF not go this rout.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
PLATIADO said:
I know i spent mula for the same things he did, and i will tell you that if i had to do it all over again i would DEF not go this rout.

I figure $750 for Steggy, $450 Maggie X, $250 BF idlers, and $250 for MAF equals = $1700.00.

Shit, I priced out a Dynotune kit w/ accessories (bottle warmer/auto opener/window switch, etc.) along with MIAfia MAF extender, 60 lb injectors w/ harness, BAP for around $1450.00. That with a tune would give you a hell of lot more bang for the buck? I'm I missing something here??

PLATIADO

Established Member
zinc03svt said:
I figure $750 for Steggy, $450 Maggie X, $250 BF idlers, and $250 for MAF equals = $1700.00.

Shit, I priced out a Dynotune kit w/ accessories (bottle warmer/auto opener/window switch, etc.) along with MIAfia MAF extender, 60 lb injectors w/ harness, BAP for around $1450.00. That with a tune would give you a hell of lot more bang for the buck? I'm I missing something here??
:thumbsup:

JSHTROD

Established Member
Hmmm...

I did 465/485 WITHOUT a ported blower and upgraded MAF.

Numbers are SAE corrected (actual was a bit higher).

I'd call steggy. Maybe there's something up.

:poke:

ViciousJay

Established Member
hmmmmmm whos tuning your car... i wanna see your curve...

leakdown and compression tested yet?

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
JSHTROD said:

Give him a call. You should be able to uncover at least 20 more hp with a dialed in tune. He pretty much guarantees 500hp with his IV port and pulley.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Some cars are low, some higher. The real truth comes out at the track. I have a ported blower by Steig when they first came out. I sent my blower to Steig in Nov. 2003. I guess you could call it a stage 1. I have 2.76 pulley with 4 idlers (billetflow), self ported tb(probably worth nothing), full bassani exhaust(headers, no cats x pipe, catback), JLT cai with 12" filter, gordsford heat exchanger. When I had my car tuned after the header install it was 479 hp/472 tq. It was kind of humid about 80 degrees. My car seems low compared to many others with the same mods. It is a vert and my best run to date is a 11.78 @ 121 mph. I have yet to put a complete run together. I seem to miss 3rd gear all the time. My best 60ft is 1.70 with nitto dr's. I believe I can shave at least a 10th off that time. In a heavy ass vert that's not too bad. Stock clutch also 17,000 miles.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
zinc03svt said:

Shit, I priced out a Dynotune kit w/ accessories (bottle warmer/auto opener/window switch, etc.) along with MIAfia MAF extender, 60 lb injectors w/ harness, BAP for around $1450.00. That with a tune would give you a hell of lot more bang for the buck? Am I missing something here??

yeah, you're missing all the money it takes to keep refilling the nitrous bottle....

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I still need to post my dyno sheet up but it's at work. I haven't had any compression testing done on the car and not even sure who could do that in my area. I'm pretty happy with the numbers without having the lower pulley as well. I guess it could be a little higher. I've never owned anything this fast and don't know how the guys with 500-700hp keep tires on these cars. I haven't been able to really play with it yet because of this stupid nor'easter that's been moving through.
I'm not really sure how much I've spent and the exhaust was on the car when I bought. I think I'm kind of like platiado though and not sure if I would have gone this route from the beginning. I just don't know if I want all the power that the kenne bell or whipple will unleash. Maybe after I've had it for a while and gotten use to it. Also need some time to swap out this rear end if I'm going to that much power.

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
JSHTROD said:

Yes your right, porting blowers doesnt work the way it is claimed to.:read:

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I'm not upset with Steigemeier because they've been great and they have great customer service. I'm thinking there is something else going on and I did the blower swap myself. I would just like to find out what is going on but it's plenty fast now.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Silver04Snake said:

You are right.
The Torque and HP #'s are flat as a pancake >5500 RPM on my car.
Ooops replied to the wrong person, sorry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread