New E53 AMG

kaz109

Established Member
In this hobby, seller's remorse is the norm.
Honestly, for me, it’s very very few and far between of me being remorseful about selling a vehicle. I enjoy the experience of something new more than anything.

I’m 43 and been with my wife since 15, vehicles are my outlet of experiencing other women …. All my vehicles have had mistresses names lol

My C63 is one that I drove the most, I bought it with 7k mi and sold it 4yrs later with 80k mi on it and I regret just not spending 40-50k to rebuild the motor and SC it and get another 80k mi out of it. I seriously enjoyed that car

Last edited:

NIXDSG

Established Member
My first mercedes was a '22 GLC63, was excited specially knowing it was the last of the twin turbo v8's.

Random suspention/power train fault codes (that would disable about everything) and brake assist faults. Took it in and they said " no fault codes, bring it back when it happens again". 6x later... and still " nope, looks fine".
Oil leaking from the engine and transmission, severe tire pop/bang at full turn due to piss poor suspension geometry, ... Sold it after the first oil change. Too bad, was a rocket and loved the sound.

kaz109

Established Member
Round numbers…. It’s been a while but off the top of my head…

15-16k for SC kit
8k for built bottom end
8k for heads and cams
5k for built trans
1k ice box cooler
10k install and tune

Estimated Total = 48k

Again that’s a very rough estimate off the top of my head . And I regret not doing it because the S63 coupe I got after it only last about 8 months or so before I got rid of it

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

15-16k for SC kit
8k for built bottom end
8k for heads and cams
5k for built trans
1k ice box cooler
10k install and tune

Estimated Total = 48k

Again that’s a very rough estimate off the top of my head . And I regret not doing it because the S63 coupe I got after it only last about 8 months or so before I got rid of it

Trans seems like a steal. I was looking at built 10r80s and I think they are 10k?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Looks pretty dope to me. 600 hp and I bet the gas mileage is decent.... Anything TT has the potential to be really fast with upgrades.

patc84

Established Member

15-16k for SC kit
8k for built bottom end
8k for heads and cams
5k for built trans
1k ice box cooler
10k install and tune

Estimated Total = 48k

thats pretty on par.

kaz109

Established Member
thats pretty on par.
You know much more than I do that’s for sure . Does the M156/M159 still have a cult like following or were most happy with the mod ability of the M177?

Last edited:

patc84

Established Member
They do, lots of those cars still out there. Its a good platform- i would say its a better platform then the m157 engines.

M177 is a gangster platform in both single and twin scroll variants.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
This looks pretty good. I'm glad it's a fairly sane, straight-forward hybrid powertrain vs the craziness of the C63. Unfortunately I don't think there'll be a V8 E63.

On the other thread topic, I've never driven an M156 car, but would love to find a nice R230 SL63. I loved my W212 (M157) E63, but don't really have seller's remose. I do have seller's remorse for my W211 (M113K) E55. Clean, low miles, timeless W211 lines, and aside from the standard Airmatic shock failure (thank you extended warranty) and crank position senser failure, was bulletproof. Thankfully my pops figured I'd miss that one and bought it, said I'm welcome to have it back for the same $15K he bought it for.

kaz109

Established Member
This looks pretty good. I'm glad it's a fairly sane, straight-forward hybrid powertrain vs the craziness of the C63. Unfortunately I don't think there'll be a V8 E63.

On the other thread topic, I've never driven an M156 car, but would love to find a nice R230 SL63. I loved my W212 (M157) E63, but don't really have seller's remose. I do have seller's remorse for my W211 (M113K) E55. Clean, low miles, timeless W211 lines, and aside from the standard Airmatic shock failure (thank you extended warranty) and crank position senser failure, was bulletproof. Thankfully my pops figured I'd miss that one and bought it, said I'm welcome to have it back for the same $15K he bought it for.
E55s are timeless….. I remember back in the day it was fun to watch a pullied E55 vs a terminator

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
E55s are timeless….. I remember back in the day it was fun to watch a pullied E55 vs a terminator

love them kompressors.

I still like just looking at it when I go to my parent's house. My dad has fixed a few of the issues I never got to (cracked wood trim inside, one of the window rubbers replaced) and added Girodisc 2-piece rotors to drop some weight and an upgraded intercooler. He's wants to mod it a bit; LSD, upper pulley, tune, headers. Nothing crazy. I see VRP sells a Whipple-kit for the car which looks pretty nice but may be beyond what we want to do.

It's a great German muscle car. Rides super smooth, handles decent enough, and even stock just has the smooth low end torque shove. Picture from the day pops bought it from me.

E55.jpg

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
I still like just looking at it when I go to my parent's house. My dad has fixed a few of the issues I never got to (cracked wood trim inside, one of the window rubbers replaced) and added Girodisc 2-piece rotors to drop some weight and an upgraded intercooler. He's wants to mod it a bit; LSD, upper pulley, tune, headers. Nothing crazy. I see VRP sells a Whipple-kit for the car which looks pretty nice but may be beyond what we want to do.

It's a great German muscle car. Rides super smooth, handles decent enough, and even stock just has the smooth low end torque shove. Picture from the day pops bought it from me.

View attachment 1832315
Is it blasphemous to say this was the hellcat before the hellcat?

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Is it blasphemous to say this was the hellcat before the hellcat?
Well shit, they're on the same platform, right?

That's a great way to describe it! It was a big power (469hp is tiny now, but big in 2004), big torque motor in a chassis with too-narrow of tires and prioritized comfort and speed over any semblance of handling.

Users who are viewing this thread