New edge in my fox?

blue95

Established Member
so i just bought some 03 cobra seats for my fox and had a question. I hate the look of the foxbody gauge cluster, i like the new edge cluster a lot better. I was wondering if its possible to put a 03 cobra guage cluster in my fox and if so what it takes to do so? Has anyone ever done this before?

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I've seen a few people do it.
Look at some of the 4V swaps on here, there are a few pics.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
NO!!!!!!!!!! Leave the factory gauge cluster!!!!!

93sspcoupe

Established Member
or you could do the flordia 5.0 gauge cluster, its a direct replacement and looks alot better. not sure if you could use a cobra cluster with the stock harness and 302

OBGT

Moving On Up!
Established Member
All the guys with the newedge gauge clusters are running a mod motor with a mod motor computer. I don't think the newer clusters will work with the fox sensors and plus the speed sensor on foxes is mechanical and the newer ones are electric. Look at speed huts overlays. I just bought guages and a cluster overlay from them. You can customize the colors and backlight to pretty much any thing you want. I got black faces/white numbers/and green el glow, the numbers light up like the 03/04 cobras faces at night.

blue95

Established Member
so since the 94-95 had a 302 with the same computer could i use one of their clusters? and also does anyone have pics of the florida 5.0 cluster?

ryan071587

Established Member
so since the 94-95 had a 302 with the same computer could i use one of their clusters? and also does anyone have pics of the florida 5.0 cluster?

yes u can i did it to my fox when i did a sn95 dash swap the 94 95 cluster can be hooked up and all gauges will work takes alot of wiring and you have to hook the speedo up to the vss sensor on the tranny but it does all work

blue95

Established Member
but im not wanting to do the whole dash swap. im mainly wondering if the 94-95 cluster will fit behind the factory fox dash?

wjk

Established Member
This is what I had in my 1990 Fox. Sorry its the only pic I have.

Gauges1.jpg

blue95

Established Member
yes u can i did it to my fox when i did a sn95 dash swap the 94 95 cluster can be hooked up and all gauges will work takes alot of wiring and you have to hook the speedo up to the vss sensor on the tranny but it does all work

when you say a lot of wiring what do you mean by a lot? i have a spare 95 cluster sitting around and would like to try it but im not sure ill be able to...

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
good luck the people that have done this are guys with mod motors and mod computers. stand alone would be the only thing i can think of that would run that setup.

ryan071587

Established Member
ull need the plugs for the cluster out of a 95 first off most of the wires for the 95 will be the same color as fox but the rpm gauge switches sides and i think a few of the others where moved around so some of the wires will need to be made longer. id just get a wiring diagram for your fox and one for the 95 and go from there. As far as the speedo goes i think its a pink black and a black wire that run it they will hook up to the vss sensor off your tranny and all youll have to do is ground the black wire and hook it to the sensor and the cluster..

OBGT

Moving On Up!
Established Member
Personally, I would just sell the sn95 gauge cluster and get an overlay if you really hate the way the stock cluster looks. But Like someone else said you could just find a sn95 harness, figure out all the wires on the fox cluster, and wire it. I'm still not 100% sure if the gauges would work right without the mod motor computer though.

blue95

Established Member
ull need the plugs for the cluster out of a 95 first off most of the wires for the 95 will be the same color as fox but the rpm gauge switches sides and i think a few of the others where moved around so some of the wires will need to be made longer. id just get a wiring diagram for your fox and one for the 95 and go from there. As far as the speedo goes i think its a pink black and a black wire that run it they will hook up to the vss sensor off your tranny and all youll have to do is ground the black wire and hook it to the sensor and the cluster..

that doesnt sound that bad. do you know if there is a write up for this anywhere or am i just gonna have to figure it out?
thanks

blue95

Established Member
Personally, I would just sell the sn95 gauge cluster and get an overlay if you really hate the way the stock cluster looks. But Like someone else said you could just find a sn95 harness, figure out all the wires on the fox cluster, and wire it. I'm still not 100% sure if the gauges would work right without the mod motor computer though.

im still gonna have my 302 and us my 94-95 cluster in the car so i wouldnt need a mod computer or anything right?

ryan071587

Established Member
no no mod motor is need for that gauge cluster is needed i have done it and they will all work. i was looking for the stuff i used to do it and had no luck i know theres some info on it on corral in the sn95 dash swap thread. im pretty sure if its on a 90-93 its color for color and pre 89 theres a few u have to switch and mine was on an 88.

blue95

Established Member
yea mine is a 91 so hopefully its color for color. so basically all ill need to do is lengthen some of the wires and hook up the vss off the tranny to the speedo and ground the black wires and i should be good?

blue95

Established Member
and i wont be using the factory temp gauge or oil gauge because i have aftermarket a-pillar gauges for those. only factory gauges ill be using are tach, speedo, fuel and volts

Users who are viewing this thread