New edge saleen quality

mach_chick

EZ2NV
Established Member
I have always loved new edge saleens and I'm in the market for one but before I buy I was wondering what the quality was on them...

I don't want to invest in one if it is going to fall apart on me

Oh tge s/c and n/a models

DaBigBone

Established Member
It's a Mustang that's been improved by one of the biggest performance names in the game. You'll be fine.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
if you get a supercharged one, upgrading the heat exchanger, the intercooler tank is a good idea. also getting a new idler pulley to prevent belt slip. the superchargers suffer from heat soak, so there is a 130 dollar sheild on ebay that helps with that. the next best thing is a $700 intercooler that a shop sells on one of the saleen web pages. the stock one has gaps and the heat goes around it causing high temps, might lose horsepower. other than that its a basic GT, long as the paint on it is okay, you have nothing to worry about. check for build sheets to see options such as rear wheel upgrades, seating, brakes, suspension etc.

5ohpowa

Established Member
Rear spoiler, rocker mouldings and side scoops often didnt fit good as they are held on with mostly double stick tape and tiny screws. Also the 281emblems on the fenders often tarnish a gold sometimes but that was a hit or miss i went thro 4 sets on the two saleens i had. The third brake light also milks out to a pinkish color over time. Im extremely picky about my car and care for them as such. My suggestion is to look it over well as they are converted and not by ford so the quality is hit or miss. But as old as they are now if it doesnt have any fitment issues yet it probably never will. The quality is still iffy even now. One of the new ones at a local dealer burnt down in the lot and the other had to go back as it was supercharged and was shipped to the dealer and hadnt had the e.c.u reflash lol and had spare screws in the trunk. My suggestion is to build your own clone and take your time and not pay extra for a name

markw351

Established Member
love the look of mine...from 10 feet. It's a 2000 and some of the issues i have w/mine were addressed in later years. Warped C-pillars and rear facia around the screens and paint cracks on the front facia are common on most the ones i've seen. They went to a one piece fiberglass c-pillar and beefed up the rear facia around the screens to fix those issues. Not sure if they ever fixed the paint issues but i think its a combination of paint quality and the fitment of the facia allowing too much flex that causes it. If you buy one get an 03-04 as i would hope they fixed most of the common issues by then. They are still never the quality of an actual factory production car. If it wasn't for the fact mine is a 1 of 5 coupes in Bright a tlantic blue i probably wouldn't have bought it. I have owned mine since 2004 and the car didn't have these problems then but there isn't anything i think i could've done to prevent the issues i have now. It only has 80k miles on it too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread