New Edge Whipple Start Up

selftaughtdoc

Established Member
Finally done with the build, started it last night and sounds great. Looking forward to driving with all of you again next spring.

Mike

image_zpsf3c23eb0.jpg

selftaughtdoc

Established Member
Honestly, I haven't even added it all up yet. Labor was cheap since I did a lot of the motor. It is a teksid block with a nitrated crank, forged manley rods/pistons, comp adjustable cam system, comp springs, comp stage 3 cams, ARP studs, division x rails. I'd say 6-7 for the motor and add about 4k for the supercharger. I ported and polished the heads with a friend. Total was about 12 for everything including the sc. There are a lot more extras that I've forgot to list. The small things add up pretty quick, injectors, headers, exhaust, fuel system, clutch upgrade, gauges for the new motor (air fuel ratio, fuel pressure) which are pretty much must haves if you don't already have them. It all depends on what you are going to reuse from your old motor and what kinda of power you want...

Last edited:

sleepermobile2

Established Member
You sound scared to actually add it all up, ha ha . Bad looking car looks like you found something to do during the ice storm? What part of Michigan will that beast be cruising around ? Sounds like your pretty mechanical so you'll be tuning it, or Liddio? Looks like a beast, you've done a very nice job. Now you just have to wait 3 months but im sure you'll find something to mess with on it Til then, again nice car.

selftaughtdoc

Established Member
Haha, I really don't think I will ever add it all up cause if I did then a lot of sleep would be lost. Look at the bright side ill still be 30k less in expense than it would cost to buy a new Shelby. Ron at Blue Collar Performance is a friend of a friend and I know he does some good tuning. The engine bay is dirty at the moment, but will be cleaned up by spring.

Users who are viewing this thread