New engine going in tommorow

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
New engine going in tommorow..UPDATE

ok guys here is the deal... after 60 days in the shop(ford dealer) my car will be getting a new long block tommorow... i went up today and checked it out. The sad thing is i had to pay 2k for the new engine. my car has 31k mi on it and i got it used. The previous owner had a chip in the car...so ford said no way we will cover it.... I had another thread going before (which was deleted) so many of you might already be aware of my situation. i just want to point out that ford is making it harder and harder to get these cars covered under warranty.... if you mod them....good chance no warranty.. now i am not saying nitrous...new blowers...etc.. of course they are going to tell you to stick it!! but even minor things.....not cold air kits or cat backs... but at first i was told my tires were bald(with 31k and factory orig tires) then it was the oil change recipts..(which i had) ANY EXCUSE...i have heard stories about a cobra owner with aftermarket wheels and tires having the transmission warranty voided.... SAD NOW I AM NOT HERE SAYING MY CAR WAS NOT MODDED.....BUT THE MOD THAT VOIDED MY WARRANTY WAS NOTHING I DID TO IT AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ENGINE PROBLEM.. my car started ticking(like many other modded and unmodded cobras) it ran fine...no smoke...no problems...just noisy...

my new engine will most likely stay with no mods....but i am pretty sure i will have the problem again.... i hope it is not a cooling prob like veryone else thinks....and i hope it will never come back...but if it does...no excuses(this time) stock motor untouched...then what will they say...probably that i took the car over 4k rpms or maybe even spun the tires....only time will tell..... :dw:

Last edited:

ralphy1798

Established Member
You got a used long block for $2000???? These motors are $12000 new, cheapest i have seen is $9k.

How'd you get such a great deal???

cobra93teal said:
ok guys here is the deal... after 60 days in the shop(ford dealer) my car will be getting a new long block tommorow... i went up today and checked it out. The sad thing is i had to pay 2k for the new engine. my car has 31k mi on it and i got it used. The previous owner had a chip in the car...so ford said no way we will cover it.... I had another thread going before (which was deleted) so many of you might already be aware of my situation. i just want to point out that ford is making it harder and harder to get these cars covered under warranty.... if you mod them....good chance no warranty.. now i am not saying nitrous...new blowers...etc.. of course they are going to tell you to stick it!! but even minor things.....not cold air kits or cat backs... but at first i was told my tires were bald(with 31k and factory orig tires) then it was the oil change recipts..(which i had) ANY EXCUSE...i have heard stories about a cobra owner with aftermarket wheels and tires having the transmission warranty voided.... SAD NOW I AM NOT HERE SAYING MY CAR WAS NOT MODDED.....BUT THE MOD THAT VOIDED MY WARRANTY WAS NOTHING I DID TO IT AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ENGINE PROBLEM.. my car started ticking(like many other modded and unmodded cobras) it ran fine...no smoke...no problems...just noisy...

my new engine will most likely stay with no mods....but i am pretty sure i will have the problem again.... i hope it is not a cooling prob like veryone else thinks....and i hope it will never come back...but if it does...no excuses(this time) stock motor untouched...then what will they say...probably that i took the car over 4k rpms or maybe even spun the tires....only time will tell..... :dw:

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
thats nutty man... ford is putting in a used motor in ur car.. crazy...

o well good luck with it..

what happened to ur motor agian? and how did it happen? highspeed run?
Marc

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
yes high speed run.... and it is a new crate motor with a new 3yr 36k mi warranty..... just the long block...no blower..

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Good luck man i know what you are saying i just have a FIPK, Stinger and MGW shifter and they give me hell for that when i take it in.

yellow 04 cobra

Established Member
cobra93teal said:

READ CREFULLY THE FIRST TWO SENTENCES THEY WILL EXPLAIN!

Power Trip

Established Member
I re-read it... So 2k for a brand new engine? That seems like a smokin deal to me?

Good luck with the new motor..

Orange Poison

Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
Good luck man i know what you are saying i just have a FIPK, Stinger and MGW shifter and they give me hell for that when i take it in.

Man, that's fricken harsh.....every dealership out here in Cali that I've dealt with has been cool with those two mods. Those mods are easily swapped out though in case of warranty work.

mystic04

Established Member
I asked my dealer outright on what they would let me do said Cai and cat back was ok, after that your taking your chances.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
If they got the motor out slap on the cooling mod. Its cheap and there is thread here that has all the parts. Just see if you can get the techs to install on new motor while its out. You will have to explain to them in detail what it does and they are gay if they don't understand and refuse. I have learned not all Ford Techs have brains. Some operate like robots.

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
Johnny Random said:
If they got the motor out slap on the cooling mod. Its cheap and there is thread here that has all the parts. Just see if you can get the techs to install on new motor while its out. You will have to explain to them in detail what it does and they are gay if they don't understand and refuse. I have learned not all Ford Techs have brains. Some operate like robots.
no time...engine is going in tommorow

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
cobra93teal said:
no time...engine is going in tommorow

You can get all the parts you need at a hardware store or home depot. I have the parts list on another computer at home but I will not be there for a while. Nope wait its on my office computer I will check it when I get back over that way. Send me your email by PM and hopefully I will get done with this system validation soon and be able to send it.

Last edited:

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
ralphy1798 said:
2 grand for a long block??? something is STILL wrong here...

i think you're making shit up...
i know....you have stated this before... I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE ABOUT IT... i dont understand why you think that.... what do i have to gain by telling anyone that?

ok so what do you want me to do to prove it??????

The engine is costing more than 2K

IT IS ONLY COSTING ME 2K

the dealer is paying for the rest.....why is this so hard to believe? :shrug:

ralphy1798

Established Member
cobra93teal said:
i know....you have stated this before... I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE ABOUT IT... i dont understand why you think that.... what do i have to gain by telling anyone that?

ok so what do you want me to do to prove it??????

The engine is costing more than 2K

IT IS ONLY COSTING ME 2K

the dealer is paying for the rest.....why is this so hard to believe? :shrug:

OH, the dealer is paying the rest... gotcha ;-)

Good luck with your new motor...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread