New England Dragway

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
hey man that sounds like a great idea
even if you dont get a cobra come on up and play a video tape
i think we are all gona go up on the 3rd for a first run of the year so come on up it will be a good time

Chris Yates

Established Member
Re: Local SVT contact list...

Have you guys thought about joining the local SVTOA email list??? The list has some 150+ SVT/Ford nuts on it. Hell, how about becoming more active in the local SVTOA club? We're always looking for folks to schedule and run various activities. Email list (Yahoo Group) and more info here: www.svtoa.org

We've already got two drag days, 6 autox's, one car show and a cruise or two planned.

NED vs Leb Valley Private rental - If you haven't attended one of our drag days in the past you are really missing out on a fun day. You'll probably be a tenth or two slower than NED (warmer air, elevation) but you'll also have the opportunity to run side by side against your friends all day. Nothing like grudge matches where you run the best out of 10 races. Unlike NED where you'll be lucky to get 4 runs in a Saturday/Sunday, the private rental allows as many as you want (you could make over 50 if you were crazy).

Mark C - Get some of these guys to the 4/30 rental! ; )

See ya,

Chris Yates
Activities Director
SVTOA Boston/New England
96 Kobra

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
There are still slots open for our April 30th track rental at LVD. Come see Bassin and I whip up on some chebbies. LOL

MJ

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
i think i will make it
cause i want to see you guys run hard:beer:
that and if nessary i can tow you home;-)

I'm actually thinking about trailoring my car up. If something happens, that is a long tow home. I'm sure it would cost 300-400 bucks. I just need to find a place to rent a trailor.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
I'm actually thinking about trailoring my car up. If something happens, that is a long tow home. I'm sure it would cost 300-400 bucks. I just need to find a place to rent a trailor.
u haul has them or i can ask a couple of friends about one for ya

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
u haul has them or i can ask a couple of friends about one for ya

uhaul had the kind you can drive your car on? I've seen the type where you can tow the car from the front wheels, but I've never seen a uhaul flat bed.

I'm going to peep their website.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Ok, I just called. It's 55/day (well worth it) but they won't let me tow it with my moms explorer. My brother has a dodge ram, but I need to find out if he has a tow hitch.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Great, no tow hitch on my bros ram.

Mike,
Are you working the graveyard shift the night before the event?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Good god, a clutch and 2 engines.. that sucks.

I have AAA+, but lebanon is probably 160 miles from my house.

silver10th

Established Member
mike, you can literally have the first truck tow you the 100 miles then drop your car in a lot and then call aaa again and the next guy will bring you home.I work at an AAA shop so i know all the loop holes.if you have a questions get my number from davesnake and ill help you out if you want.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by silver10th
mike, you can literally have the first truck tow you the 100 miles then drop your car in a lot and then call aaa again and the next guy will bring you home.I work at an AAA shop so i know all the loop holes.if you have a questions get my number from davesnake and ill help you out if you want.

A have a fear of flatbeds. The guy that flatbed'd my saleen destroyed my intercooler. Loading and unloading my car twice... I don't know if my heart could take it. Plus, the waiting sucks. I used AAA when my clutch in my winter beater died and I waited over 90 minutes. fook dat!

I'd much rather tow it myself, but at the moment it doesn't look like I have that option. I've been thinking about buying a trailer just for this reason. Anyone know a good trailer place?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
look in the want ads mike. ive seen some go as low as $1k. i want one too. me and some friends might just split one to have if we ever need it.

so is anyone gonna go wed night? looks like 51 for a high and sunny al day.:shrug: i know its street night...but i need to see some TIMES!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I have school for 7 hours on wednesdays so thats out until the end f the month until I go on break.

Users who are viewing this thread