New Exhaust

Hawwk11

Established Member
Hello all,

I recently purchased an 04 cobra (stock). Over the weekend i installed a 2.5" Mac cat-back and UPR O/R X pipe. I love the sound, however it seems as if my car doesn't pull as hard now :shrug:.

I noticed that the car revs a heck of alot easier now but i cant get over the fact that it just seems slower. Am i missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

gabe1530

Banned
your air/fuel is probably off a tad and the exhaust is not as restrictive now so your boost is lower.

is your cobra completely stock besides the exhaust mods?
where in CA are you?
what are your plans with the car?

if you are going to do more mods soon then i would not get it tuned till they are done that way you are not paying for multiple tunes.
if you are not going to do anything for a while then i recommend getting it tuned so everything is safe.

your next basic mods would be the an open element aftermarket filter on the stock intake tube or full cold air intake, smaller upper pulley to increase boost and the tune.

Hawwk11

Established Member
your air/fuel is probably off a tad and the exhaust is not as restrictive now so your boost is lower.

is your cobra completely stock besides the exhaust mods?
where in CA are you?
what are your plans with the car?

if you are going to do more mods soon then i would not get it tuned till they are done that way you are not paying for multiple tunes.
if you are not going to do anything for a while then i recommend getting it tuned so everything is safe.

your next basic mods would be the an open element aftermarket filter on the stock intake tube or full cold air intake, smaller upper pulley to increase boost and the tune.

Thanks Gabe. The only other mod is a CAI. And as far as mods I will soon order a 2.76 pulley, idler etc along with colder plugs and a BAP, then get my baby tuned.

I'm in so cal (Fontana) and GTR High Performance will be doing my tune

s351

Established Member
I wouldn't be driving it very hard till its tuned, mod motors are really touchy ask me how I know lol

s351

Established Member
Or atleast get a basic email tune if ur gonna be driving it for awhile before the pulley and such.

8gtoklr

Established Member
Get a throttle body also before you do your 1st tune. That with cold air wakes car up. Once cats are switched out a re tune is needed. Once that's done your throttle response will be awesome

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread