New Exhaust.

Kazmonator

Established Member
Well, a buddy and me just installed a New Bassani Cat back on my 1997 Blown Cobra.I,m running stock heasders, SHM off road H pipe and the 2.5 inch cat backs. The sound is UNBELIEVABLE. I dam near got a bonner when it fired up. On the open road, it sounds like something from Nascar. Recommended to any one looking for new cat backs. Amen.

CobraComander

Established Member
I just had Bassani Cat-back and Catted X-pipe installed! It is awesome. Did you take out the tip inserts? It is even louder. Congrats!

ogc

Established Member
If you like the sound of the catback deffinately switch to an X pipe

Kazmonator

Established Member
CobraComander said:
I just had Bassani Cat-back and Catted X-pipe installed! It is awesome. Did you take out the tip inserts? It is even louder. Congrats!
I ordered the Cat Backs without them.My problem is now, i think it may attract the Law as it sounds different to every other car in this Town.I dont really need the hassle from the Law because of the lack of Cats, however, i may be able to get a deal on a catted Bassani x-pipe instead of the baffles. Chime in anyone if they agree or not .

Kazmonator

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Here's a sound clip from my car. It has a dr. gas o/r x pipe.
http://yellowcobra.250free.com/MOV03746.mpeg
I tried to compare your sound to mine, unfortunately, my digital camera blocked out the sound as it was too loud or i was too close. Mine sounds even more raspy than that.I will try to post a sound clip if i get a decent one.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I'd go catted Bassani X. I've got that on mine and it is still pretty loud compared ot the o/r one I had on my old car. Given I have a louder cat-back (Magnaflow Magnapacks VS Dynomax Super Turbo side exit), but I think it's worth it knowing the police can't mess with you since you're legal.

CobraBallz97

Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
I'd go catted Bassani X. I've got that on mine and it is still pretty loud compared ot the o/r one I had on my old car.
so your saying that the o/r x isnt as loud as a catted x? i thought it would be the other way around.

pottsy

Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
I'd go catted Bassani X. I've got that on mine and it is still pretty loud compared ot the o/r one I had on my old car. Given I have a louder cat-back (Magnaflow Magnapacks VS Dynomax Super Turbo side exit), but I think it's worth it knowing the police can't mess with you since you're legal.

Do you have a soundclip of the Magnapacks with the Bassani catted X?

snakevenum96

Got Boost?
Established Member

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Its a cogged belt pulley system for the 03. There is a link in the other post of someone who talked to the guy about it.. I'd be all over that mod if I had an 03. That sound is bad ass.

Users who are viewing this thread