New Ford 2004 GT??

03CobraBro

Established Member
So is 135K the final price though? Alittle richer than I was hoping it would be. But, well it out performs the Ferrari 360 hands down. Which is exactly what Ford did, bought a 360 and made sure it out accelerated it in every catagory for 30 to 40k less. I heard that from a thread on ferrarichat.com from the horses mouths themselves.

Tweaker

Established Member
Has anyone called their insurance agent to see IF they would cover the Ford GT (usally a bond or Lloyds of London on this ride)? I can't imagine the premium if they do. This is one car that could be scary just parked. I would be afraid that some ricer would run-a-red and total it!

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
Still alot of money

It is alot, but in comparison to the car its meant to compete with, the 360, beating it out in pretty much every area, the Ford GT's 135K compared to its 160K compatition is a very good deal.

Hooked

leadfoot
Established Member
Originally posted by JB
:D
The red GT is a concept, the production car has a built in venturi tunnel coming out the rear to keep it close to earth. I saw the black one,first one released for the dyno,I think Bill and Edsel have the the other two of the first three.;-)

Price $148,000. plus:-D

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by CbraStng21
It could beat a 360, but an Enzo? I doubt it...

Who said it could beat an enzo?

If the Ford GT ended up being able to out perform the the enzo in any aspect, esspecially on the road course though, all respect I once had for ferrari would go out the window.

Mako

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
So is 135K the final price though? Alittle richer than I was hoping it would be. But, well it out performs the Ferrari 360 hands down. Which is exactly what Ford did, bought a 360 and made sure it out accelerated it in every catagory for 30 to 40k less. I heard that from a thread on ferrarichat.com from the horses mouths themselves.

You have a link to that quote?

They don't seem to have a search function so I am having trouble finding it.

thanks.

MadHandle8169

Established Member
''Horsepower: 500

Torque: 500

Price: 135k

Wiping the smirk off of the face of that idiot in the Enzo: Priceless'' Right from the horses mouth.

Hooked

leadfoot
Established Member
The price is suppossed to be about 148,000.

I almost bought a 308 Ferrari back around 1989.It drove like **** around town and had very limited power.
I figured might do well on a mountain road though.

I had a tricked out 350 tune port vette and it would blow the doors off the Ferrari.
I had a supercharged Cougar that would blow the doors off the vette once it got rolling.
Oh how I love my lightning!:rollseyes

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Mako

thanks.

It was from months back. I have a buddy that posted on the thread though so when he logs on ill see if he can find it.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Hooked
The price is suppossed to be about 148,000.

I almost bought a 308 Ferrari back around 1989.It drove like **** around town and had very limited power.
I figured might do well on a mountain road though.

I had a tricked out 350 tune port vette and it would blow the doors off the Ferrari.
I had a supercharged Cougar that would blow the doors off the vette once it got rolling.
Oh how I love my lightning!:rollseyes

308's would have been good relative to the era they hailed from (late 70's early 80's) but I dont know... It would be neat to say you own a ferrari, but to drive around in a car that would be lucky to knock off a pontiac fiero in the straight and on the road course... I dont know about that.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Mako

thanks.

Here you go. hehehe I like the pic of the back of the 360 that has the bumper sticker that says "I'd rather be driving a Ford GT" :thumbsup:

They give alot of props to ford racing in general on this one too.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/21/308072.html?1062184109

(quoted from the link below this paragraph)

Ford bought a Ferrari 360 Modena to benchmark and, to the dismay of some executives, disassembled it for reverse engineering (it has since been reassembled for what's sure to be more-than-aggressive evaluation driving). The GT's structural stiffness "exceeds the Ferrari's by a very large margin," Chassis System Supervisor Huibert Mees claims. He further notes it's 40-percent stiffer than the Modena. "This car [the GT] is going to feel as if it's carved from a block of granite."

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0303_fut_gt/index1.html

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
I notice one guy said "Lets level the playing feild, put a supercharger on the 360"

So aparently the whiney baby stuff occures on all levels of performance and exoticness. :p

Users who are viewing this thread