New Ford Gt 1/4 mile pull

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Everyone ought to get used to that sound.... new GT500 just might sound exactly the same.

The GT crowd is far different from the mustang crowd and sales volume as well. I don't believe that Ford would take the muscle sound out of the mustang as the premier engine option or specialty car.

blk93

Established Member
just my opinion. First thing is it costs too much damn money to be at a dragstrip, second thing is ill pimp ride that sexy MOFO every chance i got!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The GT crowd is far different from the mustang crowd and sales volume as well. I don't believe that Ford would take the muscle sound out of the mustang as the premier engine option or specialty car.

You very well may be correct, but I have my doubts.

Ford stepped FAR away from "muscle car-ness" with the Gt350 as it is far and away more often compared to German track handlers then Camaros challengers and chargers.

It wouldn't surprise me if they stepped away from the norm again with the new GT 500 and installed a variation of the GT v6 TT/auto powertrain.

Afterall, this was the recipe with the original 2007 GT500 release.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Ford stepped FAR away from "muscle car-ness" with the Gt350 as it is far and away more often compared to German track handlers then Camaros challengers and chargers.

It wouldn't surprise me if they stepped away from the norm again with the new GT 500 and installed a variation of the GT v6 TT/auto powertrain.

But in many ways, the GT350 is more true to the original than it is a German competitor. The original GT350s are still impressive track cars to this day.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

With the ZL1 and Hellcat/Demon, there is no way Ford steps away from a V8.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

if they can take the v8 roar out of the raptor then the mustang is fair game. Even toyota and nissan dont offer a v6 as their premium engine option. I wouldnt put my $$$ on ford following tradition anymore.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
No way Ford takes the V8 away from the mustang, that would be anti-American.

With the FGT, they got away with it because they made it into a hypercar.

The Mustang is a muscle car and there is no muscle without a v8.

Agreed on the FGT from the video sounding good. Sounds just like a GTR!

Breitling

Established Member
So after you set LC, you floor it and keep the steering wheel straight...and that's it. Seems so boring. I guess with all the advances in automatics and electronics this is the way of the future.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
If you put an @ before his name he will sometimes how up

@DBK

Is that something like the bat signal?!?! ;)

And yeah, I don't see Ford going away from the V8 for the GT500 either. That move would annihilate their sales. If I'm in the market for a forced induction V6 I would go to the foreign market.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

The original GT350 was not a "muscle car."

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The original GT350 was not a "muscle car."

Very true but Ford's departed quite a bit as of late in its overall philosophy and the real question is whether or not the current logic spills into the next GT500..... we shall see!

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I would bet ford and GM produce more turbo v6's than any of the Japanese makers.

Sounds about right. I was thinking more a long the lines of a M series BMW's and what not though. I of course can't get the old stuff out of my mind too, Supra, 300ZX TT's... I loved those cars.

Users who are viewing this thread