New Ford GT vs. New ZR1

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Results are about right. ZR1 weighs more and has more drag. ...

The ZR1 also has 108 more HP and more torque than the GT. A driver doesn't get to make excuses with that kind of power advantage.

Waiting for how bad the 720s will beat both.

He already has videos posted of the 720S destroying that ZR1. It's going to be ugly for the GT, too. Just not as ugly as for the ZR1.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wonder what the cat delete and resonator did for the power, if any.

I kind of expected the ZR1 to out roll the FGT. At those speeds the aero different likely isn't going to be as significant. I imagine a race to 200 would be rough though.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Expected more from the GT. Change the ZR1 driver, take that ugly wing off and run them again.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Damn.
That's more than I would have expected for just a cat/resonator delete.

Yup, was expecting more for the more powerful car too. GM ****ed up by not putting a DCT on that thing. Good news for us, when the C8 comes out the Zr1 will be under 100k.

Also, lol at the excuses, I guess they should have ran 10 more times, removed vette wing, added more mods to vette and removed the go pros from the vettes because it was slowing the car down. That would equal a fair race.

Supercharged v8 beaten by a TT v6. LOL, GTR all over again.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
The owner of the GT has a 720S too. I think he raced the zr1 in another video and the 720S was a mile ahead. The 720S is killing everything. the channel TRC has a bunch of roll racing videos if you look that up.

Isn't the GT matched against the 675?

Anyways the GT has done it's job on the race circuit as Ford wanted. Ill still take one if anyone wants to get rid of it.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The owner of the GT has a 720S too. I think he raced the zr1 in another video and the 720S was a mile ahead. The 720S is killing everything. the channel TRC has a bunch of roll racing videos if you look that up.

Anyways the GT has done it's job on the race circuit as Ford wanted. Ill still take one if anyone wants to get rid of it.

Yes, that and the 458 special.

I would totally take a 675LT over a 720S, even though it would get it's ass kicked. It's been over a year now and the 720 is still hideous. I don't think it's going to grow on me. Same thing with the 570S.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

Yea Ford had a 675LT as the bar to measure against and it beats it, 1-2 seconds depending on the track. People are upset here that Ford didnt travel to the future and get a ZR1 to test against. Nevermind their shitty TTv6 being quicker than a supercharged v8. LOL

Good news is Ford has a Porsche GT3 as a measuring stick for the GT500. Maybe should have a 911 Turbo too. Apparently the 911 Turbo is gimped from the factory with shitty pzero tires. They are trying to limit that cars performance vs the GT3 (cup 2 tires I believe?).

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Yeah, the 720S is one ugly car. And just when you thought it couldn't get any uglier, they built the Senna.

Saw one in person for the first time yesterday in Monterey, in that blue purple color. Way better looking in person, but I still prefer the looks of an Aventador. As for the ZR1, it always seems to disappoint me in videos in terms of straight line speed. Then I gave it a pass because it's built for the track, until I saw the newest MT video where it disappointed on Big Willow

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
The ZR1 also has 108 more HP and more torque than the GT. A driver doesn't get to make excuses with that kind of power advantage.

He already has videos posted of the 720S destroying that ZR1. It's going to be ugly for the GT, too. Just not as ugly as for the ZR1.

108hp sounds like a lot but it’s really not considered 200lbs heavier and the drap the aero creates. I think I the FGT wins no matter what. The ZR1’s torque advantage isn’t doing it any favors in stock tires.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
108hp sounds like a lot but it’s really not considered 200lbs heavier and the drap the aero creates. I think I the FGT wins no matter what. The ZR1’s torque advantage isn’t doing it any favors in stock tires.
It’s prob more than 108hp seeing the zr1 has mid pipe and rear cat delete. Someone posted a dyno vid of a zr1 putting down 700rwhp.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

It takes just 20HP to "erase" a 200 lbs deficit, all else being equal. That 108HP advantage is a lot. Traction problems are significantly reduced in roll races. That's why people roll race.

... As for the ZR1, it always seems to disappoint me in videos in terms of straight line speed. Then I gave it a pass because it's built for the track, until I saw the newest MT video where it disappointed on Big Willow

When the C7 ZR1 was unveiled, Tadge Juechter specifically stated that it's built to be a very fast GT car, not a track weapon. Considering all the track hardware on it, I now look back on that statement as him saving face for the ZR1 just in case it falls short against competition. It's still a track monster, though. I want to see it go head to head with the Germans and Italians before I say it underperforms.

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
It takes just 20HP to "erase" a 200 lbs deficit, all else being equal. That 108HP advantage is a lot. Traction problems are significantly reduced in roll races. That's why people roll race.

When the C7 ZR1 was unveiled, Tadge Juechter specifically stated that it's built to be a very fast GT car, not a track weapon. Considering all the track hardware on it, I now look back on that statement as him saving face for the ZR1 just in case it falls short against competition. It's still a track monster, though. I want to see it go head to head with the Germans and Italians before I say it underperforms.

That’s just not true about the traction. Maybe for lowered powered cars but cars with power like mine will spin them just as hard from a dead stop if not harder from a roll. That’s on 17’s with a centri. A pd blower should hit harder and being on crappy tires doesn’t help.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
One costs 100's of thousands of dollars and one costs less then 150k. They are both expensive and beautiful cars. You get what you pay for I guess.
Not sure the ZR1 would be in the same class as the FGT, would it?!?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
One costs 100's of thousands of dollars and one costs less then 150k. They are both expensive and beautiful cars. You get what you pay for I guess.
Not sure the ZR1 would be in the same class as the FGT, would it?!?
They aren’t comparable when it comes to price. Look at c6 zr1 prices and compare it to 05/06 Ford gt prices. Zr1 is faster but is worth what, 1/4 of the price of 05/06 Ford gt?
It’s gonna be the same thing for c7zr1 vs new Ford GT. GT costs more, lower production number and it’s not based off of a 50k base model car.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
Aero is everything at speed. The GT channels and moves it efficiantly around the car. It was purposely designed that way. The ZR1 catches all the air it can to keep it from overheating hahaha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread