New Front Brake Pads

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
I need new pads for my front breaks. What are the best to get, how much should I expect to pay, and where should I buy them. Thanks for the help. Jace.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Don't buy the SBS touring they suck. I have the Portfield R4S on my car now and they are working out really good. I would have to find the receipt, but they were around 230 for the front and rear shipped from Portfield.

maoun

Established Member
hawk hps are awesome...i run hps plus in front...hps in rear

but they're pretty hardcore for the street

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
Maoun: "squeaky?". No, I would like to have quiet brakes. Anything thing else? Thanks for the help.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Way2QWK
Anyone use Performance friction Z rated pads

I had them, but the inside pad was slightly larger then stock and was rubbing on the inside of the smooth area on the passenger side. It was fine when cold and normal temperature, but when hot it had a unique vibration. It was probably isolated and could have been fixed with new rotors.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
i'm running HAWK street performance pads on the front and i've got brake dust like whoa! thinking of picking up ceramic pads next time... hear they produce less dust.

KOOY

Established Member
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE
i'm running HAWK street performance pads on the front and i've got brake dust like whoa! thinking of picking up ceramic pads next time... hear they produce less dust.
too noisy... man

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE

The SBS ceramic pads are way dustier then stock and they squeak badly. I have heard ceramic pads were better, but I haven't seen it yet.

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
Porterfield R4-S for this car.
:thumbsup:

How bad do they dust?

Im looking for brakes as well, but I want to stay as low dusting as possible, but I also want the performance. So if I can avoid it, awesome, if not, I can deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread