New front suspension

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
Was goin to do a front end rebuild

Tube K, a-arms, coilovers, caster/camber plates and struts and shocks as well.

What does everyone recomend, I was leanning towards QA1, for the whole shebang, or MM for all the tubed stuff with bilsteins, or the strang coilover kit with a not so sure K.

What combo's do you guys have, and are they good setups, noisy or what?

Thanks in advance

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Maximum Motorsports hands down has the best suspension parts avaliable anywhere. Their K member is worth every penny that they want for it. I have the UPR and I wish I would have went with the MM after doing some more research on it. Not only is it a stronger K member, but it changes the whole geometry of the front suspension that increases cornering ability and overall better handling. Other K members are using the stock geometry. Like with my UPR, the only handling improvements that I will see is going to come from the coilovers, a arms, and lowered center of gravity. The MM k member takes it a step further.

MM coilovers are quieter than others. One reason why is because they use a rubber o-ring on top of the upper spring perch where other companies like UPR and QA1 do not. I found that my MMR A-arms are pretty much identical to the MM a-arms which cost 3 times as much. I mean if your going with everything else MM then you may as well get their A arms too but you can save some money with the MMR. With any setup your going to want the "bolt through spindle" type bumpsteer kit so that you can have a wider range of adjustment. I believe MM is the only company that makes the bolt through spindle type. To increase the ackerman geometry and allow better turn-in you can add aluminum steering rack bushings to locate the steering rack further rearward towards the k member. The A arms combined with aluminum steering rack bushings will give you a much better steering response and probably a bit more turning radius also.

All these things are definately expensive, but if your looking for something that is strong enough to take the abuse of daily driving and will give you the best handling possible thats what it takes. If I were to do it again I would save up longer and go with all maximum motorsports. Alot of the other companies are just trying to copycat their design using cheaper parts and assembly techniques. Thats why its so much less money.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
is it neccesary for the bumpsteer kit man, im not big into handling, just want to lighten it up some, plus wanna get ready for a pair of turbos as well.

Thanks for the input man, learned alot from your post

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
well I have known people that go without a bumpsteer kit, but after you change the geometry so much the tie rod ends dont keep the same level position like how it came from the factory. If your tie rod ends arent adjusted to level them out, you will have unpredictable handling where the car may start to pull side to side suddenly after going over some uneven pavement or a hitting a bump in the road. The adjustable tie rod end kits (aka bumpsteer kits) are needed to correct the unpredictable handling situations. The more you modify the suspension geometry the more adjustment will be needed. The tapered stud type may or may not have enough adjustment. I went with the bolt thru spindle type so I wouldnt have to worry.

In maximum motorsport's words:

"Bumpsteer is a term for the situation where the front toe changes as the suspension moves up and down. If the toe changes more than a very small amount it will cause the car to change direction, making the car unstable and unpredictable. MM offers two types of Adjustable Tie-Rod Ends. The tapered stud type can be used to make moderate changes to the geometry. It is best suited for use with a stock Mustang K-member, and does not require any modification to the spindle. The bolt-through spindle type has a much wider range of adjustment. It is required for most situations when installing a MM K-Member and requires drilling out the tapered hole in the spindle to accept a 5/8" bolt."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread