New gear choice for me...

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Well after breaking my rear......... having 3.27s and then going to 4.30s for a little while... i have decided to go with a new gear... 3.27s fxcking suck and 4.30s were just too much for me after i drove around with them for 2 weeks. first gear was non existent pretty much and i just didnt like them all that much, i did at first! then.. not so much.. and being 4.10s are olny about a 200rpm difference than 4.30s.. thats still too much.. so.. 3.90s for me. im sure i will love them being i have alot more torque than a stock 99-01 cobra anyway. 12.6 with the 3.27s on street tires spinning pretty bad... the 3.90s and slicks i should be real high 11's. 11.9 or so..... but yeah... 3.90s! :thumbsup: Ill let everyone know how they are for me.

however i would like to add... unless you have like... 350-360rwtq go with 4.30s.

Last edited:

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
whatever you like...there are guys that will swear 4.88's aren't enough...so its all in what you like...nough said...good luck

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
well this is just what i think after doing research, i know i will like them better than the 4.30s for sure. and I know i want more than 3.27s for sure, so... I assume the best place to be is 3.90s... either way... like i said, i know ill be happier with 3.90s than with the 4.30s so... its all gooood!

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
SuperDanoGP said:
i got 373's and i wish i had 430's
i had 4.30s and then wished i had around 3.73s after 2 weeks. its all personal opinions. like i said, i would recommend 4.30s to people who dont have as much torque as me, i have about as much torque as a stock 03-04. (mods done to my car i dont know about for sure. weve all been over this here at svtp.com) plus i dont even have my tune yet.. so thatll be a little more tq and hp. so... 3.90s for me. :banana:

CobraG

Established Member
That's what I was going to go with orginally, then I was convinced4.30's were the way to go.
But as usual, my procrastinating a$$ still hasn't ordered anything :shrug:

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
CobraG said:
That's what I was going to go with orginally, then I was convinced4.30's were the way to go.
But as usual, my procrastinating a$$ still hasn't ordered anything :shrug:
lol, well, 3.27s arent enough and 4.30s just turned out to be too much.. i realized this when i blinked and looked down and was in 4th gear.

Last edited:

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
very high 11's with my current mods(jlt cai,o/r x pipe,bassani exhaust,pulleys and obviously much engine work the previous owner did,its been discussed) + a tune, frpp headers, 3.90s and slicks because i ran a 12.6 with the 3.27s on street tires.

who knows, maybe maybe not. anyway.. im going 3.90s either way. for now im off to bed.

Last edited:

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Personal preference-depends on the application. I understand the rationale for the 4.30's for the strip. but not a good choice for RC/OT. Don't like the 3.27 etiher, not good for shit.
That's why I have 3.90 sitting in the garage waiting on install...like I said, personal preference...

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
onicrom said:
very high 11's with my current mods(jlt cai,o/r x pipe,bassani exhaust,pulleys and obviously much engine work the previous owner did,its been discussed) + a tune, frpp headers, 3.90s and slicks because i ran a 12.6 with the 3.27s on street tires.

who knows, maybe maybe not. anyway.. im going 3.90s either way. for now im off to bed.

FRPP headers, as in the ford shorties? in one of the stickes up top, it says they arent wroth anything, or somehting to that nature, i would look into some mid length bassani's, they're the best, without comprimising ground clearence.

cory

CobraG

Established Member
Okay, I was going with 4.30's but as usual I'm having second thoughts, I don't drive my car all that much, I bought it May of last year and I have put around 2800 miles on it since.
I am getting ready to drive it from Colorado Srings to Dallas in July to have it shipped to Germany. Now in Germany I don't anticipate it being a DD.
With all of that being said, what would you guys recommend for me? 3.90's 4.10's or 4.30's?
Not that it matters really, but the wife drives the car sometimes too and she has a pretty heavy foot

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
CobraG said:
Now in Germany I don't anticipate it being a DD.
With all of that being said, what would you guys recommend for me? 3.90's 4.10's or 4.30's?

4.30s will give you more top end. HELLO Autobahn!!!

CobraG

Established Member
I'll go with either 4.10's or 4.30's, I need to decide soon before I miss out again.
I know, I can't wait to run it out there, that's going to be cool, I guess 4.30's would be fine, I don't hardly drive it, I haven't driven it in a week. The wife has been driving it more than me, once a week, every Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread