0-60 mph: 4.2 sec
0-100 mph: 10.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.8 sec @ 112.5 mph
Skidpad: .96g
Top Speed: 179 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 115 ft
Slalom Speed: 66.4 mph

Buick -

GNX. No other name in automotive history says "80's Supercar" like those three letters. Now the legend is back.

Buicks 2007 GNX is a modern-day incarnation of classic street performance. When you turn the key and hear the throaty dual exhausts announcing the Twin Turbo 3.6L V-6, you'll know you have your hands full. Compared to its '80s namesake, the new GNX sports a suspension that is tighter, an engine that's more powerful and a manual transmission that now boasts two additional gears. The car will hit 60 mph (97 km/h) in about four-and-a-half seconds, and run the quarter mile in under 13 seconds. There's nothing like it in its class.

Total performance

The completely new GNX isn't just about horsepower, of course. Its unique personality includes impressive cornering abilities, a smooth ride and surprising comfort. But the heart of the GNX is indeed a truly awesome Twin Turbo and Intercooled 3.6l V-6 engine, also known as the base powerplant for the Buick Velite Concept. The GNX produces an estimated 450 horsepower and with 465 lb.-ft. of torque, it has no problem leaving a stop with purpose.

Eighteen-inch alloy wheels and performance tires are matched to a fully independent, performance-tuned suspension featuring direct-acting stabilizing bars and power rack-and-pinion steering. Traction control and a limited slip differentials also come standard. And, today's GNX revs through six forward speeds with the close-ratio manual transmission, or you can choose a six-speed Hydra-Matic. Both come with a 3.46:1 final drive ratio.

Performance-oriented interior

The GNX is, first and foremost, a driver's car. Every detail, from the satin-finish steering wheel to the race-inspired metallic pedals, gives the driver a sense of performance from the moment the car is entered. The standard feature list starts off with leather 2+2 bucket seats, in black -color-coordinated with the vehicle's exterior color. The high-tech seats provide lateral support, wrapping around the driver and front passenger and complementing the great handling characteristics of the chassis. Also standard is a six-disc CD-changer with premium 10-speaker sound system, cruise control, a multi-function driver information center, keyless entry system and a host of other features to enhance the driving experience.

Sensuous design

Rather than create an imitation of the original legend, the 2007 GNX provides a contemporary interpretation of the classic buick sports coupe. The distinctive, tautly stretched exterior, aggressive lowered stance and sleek, simple form all help express the clean, athletic styling direction of Buick. Add this to the obvious performance of the vehicle and you have a rear-wheel-drive TT+I V-6-powered premium sports coupe wrapped in a seamless, modern design.

Safety and quality

gtosadwwrbd.jpg

Just kidding, guess its a joke, Id buy one. Looks pretty cool.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
If only It was real... Assuming this was real:
Performance numbers are VERY close to 03-04 Cobra's except for the .96 on the skidpad. Oh and AWD>?>?
I think that would be great! :beer:
Looks a lot better than the GTO too.

Last edited:

jguerrero

Established Member
REDLIKEFIRE02 said:
not a very funny joke ...

Sorry, but it got me on another site. Just thought I share the let-down. I thought GM was finally goign to come out with a pretty cool car. AWD, turbos, and quick as a 03 Cobra sounded like fun.

jguerrero

Established Member
knowfreed0m said:
Looks a lot better than the GTO too.

That is a GTO, with a Manaro front fascia (clip), and a ducktail spolier. Wondering why GM just didnt bring the car exactly over here looking like that

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
jguerrero said:
That is a GTO, with a Manaro front fascia (clip), and a ducktail spolier. Wondering why GM just didnt bring the car exactly over here looking like that
Yea I know its a GTO but I mean with the rims and all the little cosmetic stuff makes it look more appealing than a oversized grand-am :poke:

jguerrero

Established Member
knowfreed0m said:
Yea I know its a GTO but I mean with the rims and all the little cosmetic stuff makes it look more appealing than a oversized grand-am :poke:

think you mean Cavalier lol. Ya it takes some work to make a GTO look nice. Rims is a big start.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
wonder if their using the honda engine in that since it says DOHC... and GM's last adventure in to OHC technology turned out expensive unreliable motors... currently i heard all the OHC engines GM uses they but from honda and put em in their cavaliers and the saturns.

niphilli

Established Member
Well, the new RWD GM platform was cancelled because of their horrible quarter earnings...There are roumours flying that they will cancell the GTO (Looks like this concept is built on a Holden platform). Not likely but a cool car.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Rotten bastard, had my hopes up :fm: If they made that I'd find a way to afford one, GN's are one of the baddest stock cars ever! :rockon:

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
OH COME ON!!! You gotta be kidding me! I thought it was real. Man, I was sooo anticipating a nice looking car while reading the info and trying to to skip to the pics lol... F...CK! Oh well, it would be nice if it were real, only if they made it look completely different from the GTO. Damn it, I was so excited.

Users who are viewing this thread