New Guy\First Cobra

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Congrats and nice find. Did the previous owner give you a reason the factory tires are not still on the car?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
whaaa? you're not even going to swap pulleys? these things are slow running stock boost! if you would just add an upper pulley, and tune to your list of mods, you'd be talking about close to 100hp on top of what you already have! you'd also have the satisfaction of knowing that about 98% of the time, you could smoke the car (and easily too) sitting next to you, at that stop-light (around here at least). but when you are only running 8 lbs of boost....that percentage drops quite a bit. haha

edit: oh yeah...also...make sure to check the market section of these forums, under terminator parts for sale, and cobra - exhaust, etc. you can save A LOT of money by finding good deals there. then MAYBE you will be able to get all of the mods you want, without having to buy that ring. =]~

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
whaaa? you're not even going to swap pulleys? these things are slow running stock boost! if you would just add an upper pulley, and tune to your list of mods, you'd be talking about close to 100hp on top of what you already have! you'd also have the satisfaction of knowing that about 98% of the time, you could smoke the car (and easily too) sitting next to you, at that stop-light (around here at least). but when you are only running 8 lbs of boost....that percentage drops quite a bit. haha

+1, completely different car.

2.93, CAI, Catback, MRT H, Tune on mine 457/460 SAE

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
The previous owner took off the stock goodyear tires and installed some micheline because he apparently hates goodyear products. They were in his garage when I bought the car so I know he did not do any crazy burnouts with the car.
A pulley mod kind of scares me since I will have to get a tune and I really dont want any potential problems with this car. I feel if I did that, I would need some kind of cooling upgrades since I have read horror stories of terminators overheating\detonating at high speeds under hard acceleration. I have the next 4 months to contemplate what mods to do, so i'll do a little more research.

I only plan on putting maybe 1-2 thousand miles a year on the car since I have Hagerty insurance for it. It will be weekend trips to long island and car shows mostly.

Im located in Scarsdale NY. If anyone knows of any mustang performance shops in the tri state area that would be greatly appreciated. Im an Acura technician but am brand new to the Ford crowd.

I was looking at the market place last night so hopefully I find what I'm looking for so I can buy more things and still afford that ring ha :beer:

I ordered The SSR GT-03 rims last night 18 by 9.5 and 18 by 10.5 for the rear with a +26 offset. They should be here in 3 months, just in time for spring!!! Does anyone have any recommendations of what lugs or valve stems to use? Possibly tires?

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
i have owned my cobra for 3 - 4 years. the car is my DD. i have put close to 50k miles on my car since owning it. i got my car pullied and tuned my 3rd or 4th month of owning the car. i have never had nothing more than a basic tune for my mods from BAMA tuning (aka americanmuscle.com). had the tune verified on the dyno it checked out with a spot on AFR of 11.7. i have NO cooling mods what-so-ever, and the only probs i have ever had with the car have all been basic wear and tear items that need replaced anyway. ie: alternator, clutch, brakes, tires.

there really isnt much to fear with a pulley swap and tune. just do some research and reading around.

Users who are viewing this thread