New guy to the open track life

v6mustang94

Established Member
That's a good point. All four corners could use an upgrade I'm sure. I'm running Eibach Pro Kit springs and Tokico HP Blue shocks/struts. I didn't have open tracking in mind when I did the suspension.

I'm on stock rear brakes and 13" Cobra fronts (the SVE front kit from LMR). Would better rear braking help too? Is there much we can do to take some of the load off the front brakes?

Lastly, I'm sure I could be smoother on the brakes as well. I was trying to drive into the corner fairly hard as well.

macuser27

Established Member
That's a good point. All four corners could use an upgrade I'm sure. I'm running Eibach Pro Kit springs and Tokico HP Blue shocks/struts. I didn't have open tracking in mind when I did the suspension.

I'm on stock rear brakes and 13" Cobra fronts (the SVE front kit from LMR). Would better rear braking help too? Is there much we can do to take some of the load off the front brakes?

Lastly, I'm sure I could be smoother on the brakes as well. I was trying to drive into the corner fairly hard as well.

I'm in a similar situation as you. 99GT with Pro kits paired with Koni STR.Ts. MM FLSFC and CC plates. Steeda X2s. 13" Cobra fronts, SS hoses with HP+ pads, stock rears with Power Stop Evolution Ceramic pads. Michelin Pilot Super sports on stock starfish wheels. Procar Rave seats. Only been to 3 open track days so far - 2 at Laguna Seca and 1 at Sears Point.

I say stick with your current suspension set up. Upgrade to DOT4 fluid (I use ATE TYP200) and change it out often to keep that solid brake pedal. Maybe a more aggressive rear pad and see if it helps with the rear lift.

I want to upgrade my RLCAs eventually, but would rather spend the money on more track days.

v6mustang94

Established Member
I have adjustable rclas. My last session I added a little bit of rake to see if it would help get rid of some understeer. I'll probably be leveling things out again, though I don't think that will do much for the front dive/rear lift.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread