New Guy

ihatepotholes

Established Member
hey guys, new guy here, my name is Brian. i purchased an Boss 302 last week, this is my first american muscle car. and i was told this is the forum to be on if i have questions. please forgive me if i ask some noob or even stupid questions. coming from evo/370z/m3 background, i don't have any experience with mustangs.

i am loving the car so far, the torque is definitely a nice thing to have! i know the boss is nothing compare to some of you gt500 guys lol, but none of my previous cars had any torque below 3000rpm. i was surprised that i could get the car going at 800rpm :rolling:. the car handles well for its weight, it's definitely better than i expected. however, i do a few complains. the steering isn't sensitive or responsive enough for my liking, will it help if i change the damper setting? right now it's on 2. i'm experiencing a bit of body roll around the corners, is there anything i can do to eliminate some of the body roll besides changing the damper setting? such as changing the springs or shocks, i'd like to lower the car just a tad. lastly, what's the best intake, exhaust and tune out there? i'd like to keep the side exhausts because i love the sound (had baffles removed), what's my options? just mid pipes? because i would like to keep the cats. forgive me for my lack of knowledge on mustang, i really don't know anything about it. i did search, but i came up with overwhelmingly amount of information i don't know which is the best for me.

again thanks a million for the help!

Last edited:

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
hey guys, new guy here, my name is Brian. i purchased an Boss 302 last week, this is my first american muscle car. and i was told this is the forum to be on if i have questions. please forgive me if i ask some noob or even stupid questions. coming from evo/370z/m3 background, i don't have any experience with mustangs.

i am loving the car so far, the torque is definitely a nice thing to have! i know the boss is nothing compare to some of you gt500 guys lol, but none of my previous cars had any torque below 3000rpm. i was surprised that i could get the car going at 800rpm :rolling:. the car handles well for its weight, it's definitely better than i expected. however, i do a few complains. the steering isn't sensitive or responsive enough for my liking, will it help if i change the damper setting? right now it's on 2. i'm experiencing a bit of body roll around the corners, is there anything i can do to eliminate some of the body roll besides changing the damper setting? such as changing the springs or shocks, i'd like to lower the car just a tad. lastly, what's the best intake, exhaust and tune out there? i'd like to keep the side exhausts because i love the sound (had baffles removed), what's my options? just mid pipes? because i would like to keep the cats. forgive me for my lack of knowledge on mustang, i really don't know anything about it. i did search, but i came up with overwhelmingly amount of information i don't know which is the best for me.

again thanks a million for the help!

For suspension, Steeda makes great parts (springs, control arms, etc....)

For Exhaust, Bassani, Borla, SSP, Ford. Many options, just determine the amount of sound you are looking for. The Bassani is the loudest.

Best intake.... I have a JLT on mine and am replacing it with a signed Air Raid CAI.... Steeda also makes a good one. Mail Order tunes: Lethal, Steeda, Evolution....

Congrats on getting a car with a soul! Something you won't find in an import w/o spending a TON!

Mike

NCETRY

Established Member
I think it's Kooks that just showed off a complete exhast headers on out that had provisions for the Boss side pipes. Myself I went with ARH long tubes and Magnaflow cat back with highflow cats and had the side pipes welded on. Also using JLT carbon intake with Lund tune. Get some better lower control arms it helps the car fell more planted under power. And as far as body roll while more than some cars it's not that bad and at auto cross events it has performed very well. I just let it lean in the corners and it sticks.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
No... I haven't gotten my red key programed yet. Can you elaborate on this steering settings?

Uh, I'll take this one...

Hit the SETUP button to the left of the steering wheel, scroll through the settings and adjust your steering to either Comfort or Standard or Sport (i think that is how they are listed). Very noticeable difference between each of the 3 different steering settings :beer:

ihatepotholes

Established Member

Hit the SETUP button to the left of the steering wheel, scroll through the settings and adjust your steering to either Comfort or Standard or Sport (i think that is how they are listed). Very noticeable difference between each of the 3 different steering settings :beer:

Thank you so much! I'll test it out now. You mentioned the tune is worth it in another thread. Will it work with the red key? Or does one cancels another one out.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member

Is this also for the LS?

I never heard of this!!!!

Car is put away for WINTER:mj:

Hope so!

Mike

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Welcome and where are the pics?????????

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Is this also for the LS?

I never heard of this!!!!

Car is put away for WINTER:mj:

Hope so!

Mike

I would assume so. You guys are in for a nice surprise, the 3 diff settings are great. You can tighten up the steering with the Sport mode for aggressive/spirited driving, then change it to Comfort for nice highway cruising :beer:

Grant808

Established Member
I would assume so. You guys are in for a nice surprise, the 3 diff settings are great. You can tighten up the steering with the Sport mode for aggressive/spirited driving, then change it to Comfort for nice highway cruising :beer:

..or just leave it in Sport! It really does make a difference. Wish I could change it on the '11.

Users who are viewing this thread