new guy

Stumbaugh

Established Member
Hey What's up everyone. My name is Jake Stumbaugh, live in Russellville, Ar. I have been registered on this site for a good while, but never did own a SVT, so never really posted. Well all that has changed!

I went and picked up a very mint condition 1996 Cobra convertible Thursday. It is Chrystal white with black leather interior. It has a Vortech V1 S trim, and Eibach lowering springs. Other than that, she is stock down to the exhaust (except for the manderal bent tailpipes and ugly tips). Anyways, here are some pics. Hope you enjoy.

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Awesome find! Low mileage and already supercharged. Nice going, take care of it!

BTW I Love the stock look on this car, the eibach springs make it perfect. I can't believe I sold the original 97 Cobra rims off my Cobra. Also a CW Cobra. Those rims just fit the car so perfect and I made a dumb mistake and left them on my GT when I sold it! Now I'm kicking myself in the head because I let those go!!!! haha /rant.

Stumbaugh

Established Member
I appreciate it.

I am going to end up putting some True Forged Mach 5 wheels on it. If you are interested in the stock cobra wheels, I will let you know when I get the TF wheels.

Once again, I appreciate all the compliments on the car and the warm welcome.

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
very nice......and I agree the Mach5s will look awesome.....I never was a fan of those stock Cobra wheels...but the 98 Cobra wheels would look awesome too

Stumbaugh

Established Member
Thanks guys. I am really enjoying the car so far. I am ready to put some bigger injectors, a good maf, and get this thing tuned so I can see what sort of power it really makes. Then I am going to take off this FMU.

As far as I know, it has the stock pulley that comes with the kit from Vortech. Does anyone know about how much boost that is? Once it is tuned, what sort of power should it make?

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
Thanks guys. I am really enjoying the car so far. I am ready to put some bigger injectors, a good maf, and get this thing tuned so I can see what sort of power it really makes. Then I am going to take off this FMU.

As far as I know, it has the stock pulley that comes with the kit from Vortech. Does anyone know about how much boost that is? Once it is tuned, what sort of power should it make?
Definitely get rid of the FMU and I'd recommend Siemens-Deka 60# injectors. Also there is boost to be gained by replacing the Vortech drier hose inlet piping with a Power Pipe. I made my own using 3-1/2" mandrel bent tubing with the MAF attached directly to the end locating it in the fender well. My boost went from @ 10 psi to 12-1/2 psi with the stock pulley before I added the aftercooler. I'll try to post a pic later.

Last edited:

Stumbaugh

Established Member
Definitely get rid of the FMU and I'd recommend Siemens-Deka 60# injectors. Also there is boost to be gained by replacing the Vortech drier hose inlet piping with a Power Pipe. I made my own using 3-1/2" mandrel bent tubing with the MAF attached directly to the end locating it in the fender well. My boost went from @ 10 psi to 12-1/2 psi with the stock pulley before I added the aftercooler. I'll try to post a pic later.

I appreciate it. The pictures would be awesome.

I'm not going to lie, I am pretty much a noob when it comes to centri's, so all the help I can get would be much appreciated.

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
I forgot to mention the Inlet Air Temperature (IAT) sensor should be relocated from the MAF inlet to the discharge piping between the SC and throttle body, this is important so the PCM can adjust timing based on air charge temperature. Air temps can get pretty hot leaving the SC. I used a Lightning IAT sensor which is threaded. Drill and tap the aluminum discharge tube and thread the sensor in, unplug the wiring harness plug from the stock sensor and plug it into the new sensor and your good to go. I also understand some have simply moved the stock sensor. I can't comment on how well that works because I never tried it.

Last edited:

Guizá

Established Member
Haha yea those tailpipes have to go asap. Very nice car though. Congrats, your wallet will beg for mercy.

Users who are viewing this thread