New headlights installed on the Z06

bitten

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
For any of you that have owned C5's you know how horrible the OEM lighting is. The ACA's are true HID projectors and are absolute monsters...they really do brighten up the night.
100_2438.jpg

100_2442.jpg

100_2436.jpg

100_2459.gif

Few other shots
100_2439.jpg

000_0076.jpg

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Those look really nice! To bad they are not bixenon though. Do you know what type of projector it uses?

Also, I think your headlight aim might be to high. Rule of thumb is 25 feet from a wall, it should have a 1" drop.

Nice, I actually like the aftermarket headlights that dont pop up. Have you seen those?

But that would ruin one of the best features of the car. pop up headlights ftw!

Not to threadjack, but while we are on the topic of HID projectors in C5's, this guy managed to fit FX-R's into his headlights. He also made them only pop up part way, I think it looks awesome

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

edit: unless ACA makes an actual HID housing, from what I read on the vette forums they are ebay housings, so these just have halogen projectors. Still, for ebay housings they actually look good, most ebay housings are crammed full of LED's and CCFL's.

bitten

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks guys... and offroadkarter, I was thinking my aim may be a bit high but wasn't quite sure. I guess illuminating the overhead freeway signs from 1000 feet should have been my first indicator.

Users who are viewing this thread