NEW heads have more threads..at least 9

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
03SvtSonicCobra said:
Have any 03 Spit plugs out like the old 99-01 lightnings??? And i wonder if all 03 cobras have 3-4 thread heads.

yes and yes :fm:

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
SilverCobra04 said:
11/03 is my build date. The 04's that were built on or after 1/04 supposedly have the "new" heads. Obviously, I have a good chance of having the "old" heads, hence developing the tick. However, I've been taken care of. My car should be ready with both "new' heads tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest. :banana:
The only problem with that eqaution is like mine for example my actual build date of the car was Jan. 04 but the build date on the engine was Aug. 03??? So I think like everyone has said it truly is just hit and miss...

Ontariomystic

Established Member
CompOrange04 said:
The only problem with that eqaution is like mine for example my actual build date of the car was Jan. 04 but the build date on the engine was Aug. 03??? So I think like everyone has said it truly is just hit and miss...

That's a good point. I never thought of that. Only way to be sure is to check the heads on your own car.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Ontariomystic said:
My 04 cobra has 9 thread cylinder heads. I just checked the drivers side head. Definately 9 threads.

Ontario...no flame intended here...but I seriously doubt that. I haven't seen a single production Cobra with 9 threads. But I haven't seen them all...so...I could be wrong. I thought I had 9 threads too...until Dougie at Billetflow showed me the error of my ways when I checked it.

How did you check the threads????????

Users who are viewing this thread