NEW heads have more threads..at least 9

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Yea whatever dumb ass decided to make ours with 3 or 4 should be shot, after he's kicked in the nuts a few times, and pissed on.

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
So, how do I go about getting these new heads, under warranty? No noticeable tick but only have about 9k miles on my motor right now.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
BradN01 said:
So, how do I go about getting these new heads, under warranty? No noticeable tick but only have about 9k miles on my motor right now.

HA! Yea right. Ford starts letting anyone who wants new heads to actually get them under warrenty? ooo look its a pig in the sky! (I really wish they would replace them though)

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
I had/have the tick....will know wednesday if its gone. My tech was like WTF about the threads on the old ones too

Rick

DitchTehFish

Established Member
BradN01 said:

LOL, that's a good one. Ford is doing everything in their power to avoid doing the head swap. I have the tick, its been dealer verified. They're supposed to start on the headswap tomorrow. I already miss my car and it's only been 1 day! I honestly think our cars will perform better with the new heads, I'm not saying 20rwhp, but they'll definitely be working how they're supposed to. :thumbsup:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
They really better be more careful in the future.

If I blow my plugs out the dealer will be hearing from me. I don't know what genious only made a casting with 3-4 threads. Much less the thin cooling jackets.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe he says that because Ford stated they fixed the tick with the first set of new heads. But many who swapped heads ended up with the tick again. Even some of the '04 Cobras and Mach 1s got it. So unless Ford correctly diagnosed the problem it is very possible that even this new head won't be the final fix. Time will tell. JMO.

P.S. - This and other motor issues reported are the reason why some (mostly those who regularly race) are biting the bullet and are going to engine builders like VT Engines.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Just so you all know, I did get in a dyno 2 days before I dropped it off, so I will know if there are any performance issues.....so I will keep you all posted

Rick

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
Have any 03 Spit plugs out like the old 99-01 lightnings??? And i wonder if all 03 cobras have 3-4 thread heads.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Ontariomystic said:
Jan 06/04, What is your build date?

11/03 is my build date. The 04's that were built on or after 1/04 supposedly have the "new" heads. Obviously, I have a good chance of having the "old" heads, hence developing the tick. However, I've been taken care of. My car should be ready with both "new' heads tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest. :banana:

Ontariomystic

Established Member
SilverCobra04 said:
11/03 is my build date. The 04's that were built on or after 1/04 supposedly have the "new" heads. Obviously, I have a good chance of having the "old" heads, hence developing the tick. However, I've been taken care of. My car should be ready with both "new' heads tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest. :banana:

These new replacement heads must be the same as the later 04's unless there are 2 different castings with the 9 thread count.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Ontariomystic said:
These new replacement heads must be the same as the later 04's unless there are 2 different castings with the 9 thread count.

That's what the latest info is that's flying around. I wish someone could CONFIRM this is true?!

Users who are viewing this thread